Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Closing CC... HELP!

tag
futurebyer
Established Member

HSBC Closing CC... HELP!

Help! I just got a notice from HSBC that they were closing my credit card because of something on my credit report. I had a 30-day late on another CC I closed months ago. Do I have any recourse? Any suggestions to prevent this? My credit score itself has risen steadily over the last six months. And I don't want a closed CC to mar my score or take into a downward spiral!

Thanks
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Closing CC... HELP!

Just out of curiosity, what cc did you have the 30 day late on, and how long ago was it?

Did you close the cc with a balance remaining on it?

I'd think that GW'ing the late would be in order. It may work...it may not, but always worth a shot.

As a side note, I've heard that ccc's that close an acct. due do lates on other cc's other than their own, is coming under careful observation by the government. And many ccc's have started disclosing they will not close/alter the terms of a cc to a user due to adverse info caused on a diffent cc. As far as I know WaMu was the latest to adopt that policy.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just call them and try to explain to them your situation and ensure them that you are taking care of the late payment on your CR.
Message 3 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I had a raise in interest from HSBC because of a late payment recently on HSBC-Best Buy.  I gw'd the Best buy, they removed it.

Interest rate has NOT gone down on HSBC.  If you do end up calling, try not to get that Indian Call Center, they're the pits.

Find another phone number...somewhere....someplace.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A handy link of contact information for credit card issuers.
http://www.creditcards8.com/resources.html

HSBC - Orchard Bank
P.O. Box 60102
City of Industry, CA 91716-0102
1-800-724-4964 (Automated Customer Service)
1-503-245-9280 (Customer Service)
Message 5 of 13
cobra19
Valued Contributor

future.......which card is HSBC closing? What is the "something" on your report that caused them to take this action? What was your cl on that card? 
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 13
SJP57
Established Member

what are your current ficos

Starting Score: 586
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
futurebyer
Established Member

I had a 30-day late from Sep '07 on a Premier Bank card I closed b/c of their fee structure. I've since paid and I only have $45.00 of the $600 remaining on the Premier card to pay off. I've been doing large payments (more than triple the minimum amount) to both my Premier and HSBC Orchard card.

I tried a GW letter with Premier bank for the late and they said "no." I guess I could try again.

I'm just concerned about what this will do to my credit score. Like I said my Experian has gone up over 40 pts in the last three months alone to 582. I'm almost in the 600 club!

Thanks!

BTW...

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hateto hear this and HSBC is the devil when it comes to recon.  I was so frustrated I wound up closing a previous card with them
Message 9 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think when it comes to Annual Renewal, I'll close my HSBC Cards too. They both are low $400 limits. Since  then, I got my self couple of secured cards with good limits and also soon BOA should graduate me to unsecured. I think it is time, I drop my low end HSBC Cards soon.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.