Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Completely Pulling Out Of USA?

tag
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC Completely Pulling Out Of USA?

@Changingmantra wrote:

Hmmm - I wonder if Discover would let me add this CL to my Discover More card.  Might be wishful thinking -

No, since the lines are issued by entirely different banks.

The only connection that card has to Discover is that it runs on the Discover network. Beyond that, it has no connection to Discover. By having that line with HSBC, Discover has no liability nor responsibility for it.

It'd be the same as me trying to combine limits on my Bank of America American Express Card with my American Express Blue Cash. Won't happen, as they're issued, serviced, and owned by two completely different companies.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 11 of 12
mindacid
Valued Member

Re: HSBC Completely Pulling Out Of USA?

This sounds like Chevy Chase reading the news on SNL: "HSBC has pulled out of the USA.  A very frustrated USA could not be reached for comment."

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.