Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Customer Service Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Customer Service Story

I see that many of you complain of HSBC customer service, I too am forced to use their product because I am rebuilding... but I found an amusing way of getting an American on the phone that so far has worked both times I have called HSBC and someone from India answered... tell them you need a "credit analyst for a reconsideration." It is not on their script and they don't understand what you mean, so they transfer you to a US office.

Of course I am sure once they get wise to this tactic the American offices will add "reconsideration" to the script in India. So don't abuse it! We have all seen what happens to the numbers when too many of us call in.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Customer Service Story

Ummm, rather than lying, why not just ask this fellow human-being that you'd like to speak with a CSR in the US (or supervisor if they don't have US-based CSRs)?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who said I lied? Maybe I called for a reconsideration of a CLI?

In any case it works. HSBC calls me from India every day like clockwork, simply to add their credit insurance, after telling them no the first five days becuase I already have insurance to cover my CC's, I asked to speak to a supervisor, he too was in India, and he too asked why I don't sign up for their protection. I said no I already have protection and explained to him my coverage, he did not understand what I meant. So I asked to speak to a different supervisor, preferably in the US... guess what, I found out - saying that was a million times more offensive and rude than simply asking for the "reconsideration".

So to you, as a fellow human being - asking to speak to an American can hurt their feelings a lot more than misguiding them in the phone call.   
Message 3 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I've tried to get a CSR from Indiana to switch me to an English speaking CSR, to no avail. 

Thanks for the info Pappy. 

Message Edited by fishbjc on 09-22-2008 10:34 AM
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fish, I know what you mean, I drove through Indiana once, and I couldn't understand a word they said! LMAO
Message 6 of 18
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Fish, I know what you mean, I drove through Indiana once, and I couldn't understand a word they said! LMAO

Hoosier!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just now had a problem logging in online and had to call them. I have to say, I got excellent service, efficient, and all in English. They transferred me once to check on something else, at my request, and the first guy came on the line to pass over the call.

Saw your post, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents! It really was Amex level customer service. You know, in a good waySmiley Happy

Message 8 of 18
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

pjxf99 wrote:
I just now had a problem logging in online and had to call them. I have to say, I got excellent service, efficient, and all in English. They transferred me once to check on something else, at my request, and the first guy came on the line to pass over the call.

Saw your post, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents! It really was Amex level customer service. You know, in a good waySmiley Happy

From HSBC? ROFL!!!!! HSBC could not serve a customer if someone's life depended on it.

Anyway, I thought the entire drift of this thread's topic was tabu...
Message 9 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I just fell off the couch laughing at that one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.