Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Customer Service Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Customer Service Story

HSBC will NEVER equal "customer service".  Awful, awful, awful.   And that was on a good day.   NEVER to use them again...........
Message 11 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jmbfl wrote:

.....Anyway, I thought the entire drift of this thread's topic was tabu...

No, not if you read TNWM's post carefully. (Kudos on the Fijian spelling of "tabu." fused and I will go you one further and use "kapu." Smiley Wink )

It is a sad fact that more and more CCC's are off-shoring their CS, because it's cheaper. I happen to believe that's an excellent indicator of how much value they put on CS, but whatever.

What we are asking is for people to realize that when an overseas call center can't help you, it's generally because they are not allowed to. They are literally script-readers, because that is all they are allowed to do, per the instructions from the home office in the good old US of A. A member here told us that if they go off-script more than a few times, in other words, if they are trying to help, as opposed to getting you off the phone ASAP, they can lose their jobs.

So we ask that our members understand this, and not rant about bad service being because CSR's are members of certain ethnic groups or nationalities. Put the blame where it belongs, on the company that would rather you hush up and leave things be.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Fish, I know what you mean, I drove through Indiana once, and I couldn't understand a word they said! LMAO

Pappy--Way to pay attention! Had I not read your post, and gone back top read fish's post I would have missed that COMPLETELY!---I did miss it. LOL
Message 13 of 18
Scamp
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
(Kudos on the Fijian spelling of "tabu." fused and I will go you one further and use "kapu." Smiley Wink )

"Kapu"....? 

Looks like the French variant/pronunciation of "kaput". Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 14 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

When the only letters you get to play with are the 5 vowels and h, k, l, m, n, p, and w, you wind up with a very musical language. t --> k; b --> p
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 18
Scamp
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
When the only letters you get to play with are the 5 vowels and h, k, l, m, n, p, and w, you wind up with a very musical language. t --> k; b --> p

Yes, ma'am.  Thanks for confirming what I thought you meant.  Smiley Happy

If it's anything like (and perhaps related to...?) Maori, I'm sure it IS a musical language!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 16 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think all the Polynesian languages have common links; some of them are really similar.

But I'm remembering from my 9th grade Polynesian history class in ummm, fall '68? spring 69? I've hung on to which islands are Polynesia, which are Micronesia, and which are Melanesia; and which big sailing canoes went where, but that's about it. Plus all the songs we sang in Hawaiian through high school choir.

I do remember thinking that a Hawaiian version of Scrabble would be a nightmare. Smiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling, you just dated yourself !

Regarding HSBC, the 2 individuals I talked to were definitely from the U.S., especially the manager who basically told me to take my business elsewhere.  She DEFINITELY knew what she was doing and wasn't speaking from any script.

Worst customer service I have seen out there at this time.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.