cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Discover -Direct Rewards Platinum backdoor for CLI?

tag
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

HSBC Discover -Direct Rewards Platinum backdoor for CLI?

I have a HSBC Discover -Direct Rewards Platinum card, and whenever I call to ask for a CLI, they say they do not accept consumer requests for CLI's ... anyone have a backdoor for them?  I have called the HSBC backdoor and they say they have nothing to do with this card? But on the back of the card, and on the bills and online, HSBC is clearly shown?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC Discover -Direct Rewards Platinum backdoor for CLI?

Not too many seem to have had good luck with CLIs on this card. Concorduser might be able to chime in on this. I believe he received an auto-CLI at some point.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 7
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I received this card 10/07 with a $500 limit, which was auto CLI'd to $700 within a few months, and nothing since then.  I use it a lot, pay it down a lot, it is one of my favorite cards!  But having such a small CL is a pain ...
Message 3 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got HSBC Discover  ( I think about  1 1/2 year ago ) with $750 CL and after 3 months I got $250 auto cli making my new CL $1000. After that nothing happend on the card. Also this is not of the cards that I use that often, since I have several other cards with much more higher cl's.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Got this card about a year and 7 months ago.It started out at 2000 limet.They auto incresed it to 3000.Nothing sence then.
Message 5 of 7
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I got the card in Aug 06 w/ a 1k limit.  At the 18 month mark they auto-cli'd to 1.5k.  Nothing since.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 7
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

so no backdoor to try?

there is no annual fee so it isn't costing me anything, but I really hate these small limit cards!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.