Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Discover

I was waiting to hear from Discover because I apped for the open roads card and a hbsc discover card came in the mail along with a denial from Discover today Then it has a $300 dollar credit limit. If I never register the card will they still report
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC Discover

Yes. At least they did so to me. Shows a balance of $59 even though I never activated.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 13
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

what were your fico scores?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP,after Discover denied me the Direct Rewards (Hsbc Discover)version was approved instead..I had already taken the hit and they sent the card with a measley $300...Im gonna close it real soon.....
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover inquiry showed up on trans which is 708
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna call them after I got off of work. I opened the letter and the 1st thing I saw was the Discover logo on the card and thought I was approved. I never agreed to this card. HSBC has been sending me so many pre approvals and as soon as I get them out of the mailbox they go straight to the shredder.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If hsbc feels you are sub-prime or you already have an hsbc card then the mailings continue for a long time. even with scores in the 700s discover is turning people down. I was disrespectfully turned down by boa, chase, and discover all for the same reason. one old charge off from 4 years ago. that's the only negative I have and its what the letters stated. I got the hsbc discover with a grand on it. I thought well WTF they did the hard pull and now it goes in a drawer with other unused subprime cards I had to have when I first started rebuilding my credit.
Message 7 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

HSBC Discover seems like a good card. Customer support is lot different from other cards. CLI is good. I got CLI after 3 months with out even asking. I am not sure what is considered as prime or subprime card, but HSBC Discover seems to be good among my cards. Give it a try and use it for few days and see how you feel with the card.
Message 8 of 13
jstap01
New Contributor

Guess I will buy my wife dinner with this card tonight, then PIF.  I would like a CLI.  Got my card yesterday.  $800CL and no AF.

Starting Score: EXP - 561, EQ - 590, TU - 573
Current Score: EX - 739, EQ - 756, TU - 708
Goal Score: 715 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really starting to believe to get a CLI on this card you have to really use the heck of it and pay it in full all the time.  I have an HSBC Direct Rewards (Discover Network) card and the CL is currently 1400 dollars.  It is my highest CL on the 8 tradelines that I have. 

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 02-05-2008 01:04 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.