Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Experian reporting wrong limit

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

HSBC Experian reporting wrong limit

Just got an alert from my Experian credit monitoring and my limit on my HSBC platinum mastercard is repoting $32 versus the $3270 credit limit.  dropped my fako score by 40 points..nice..thanks alot HSBC!  Immediately disputed the item with Experian...Haven't checked the others yet, but have a feeling something is screwed at HSBC as this has always reported the limit.  Its weird though , the limit and current payment due are the same.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
brainysmurf
Contributor

Re: HSBC Experian reporting wrong limit

My HSBC card reported wrong with Experian as well.

Not exactly the same, but mine did not report my limit, therefore high balance is being used as if it were an AMEX charge.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My recently closed HSBC account disapeared from Ex, so something really is going on with them.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did the same to me. When you call they send you off to a call center in the Philippines where they have no idea what is going on. Finally got through to a US supervisor who told me it's a known error that they are trying to fix. Took an hour of calls to get this answer. Thanks for letting us know, and thanks for the terrible customer service and a really scary computer error that could have a negative effect on a lot of people's credit. HSBC really sucks.

Message 4 of 5
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

yes i had the same problem its all fixed now they took everyones accounts off and as of today they are back on and reporting correctly.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.