Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Help

Since finding these boards, I have managed with the help of so many people have been able to raise my score from low 600's to mid 700's. Over the past year have have managed to get prime card w/ very generous credit limits from both CU's and Banks.

I started out with Orcharch and Sears solution Both (HSBC). I have not used these cards in such a long time so last week I decided to close them. They were doing nothing for me. So today I go to get yesterdays mail and I get a letter from HSBC that says because of the new CC's I have and the cushion of credit I have "They are closing my accounts"

Are you frigin kidding me. I called to close these accounts, and on top of that i checked my credit report, and they hard pulled me on EQ and EX. I know if they notify the CB that the account was closed it will say at grantor's request, but that it NOT the case. When I called they had me on the phone for 20 minutes trying to get me to stay told me that they will take half off of the AF, yada yada yada.. I said no and the woman said the accounts were closed.

What should I do.? I am beyond livid right now not only because they said they closed it via a letter in the mail, but they hard pulled me 2 times? Smiley Mad

Any help will be greatly appreciatted.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC Help

I personally see no reason to become “beyond livid”.

You requested the accounts be closed and they were.

As far as the Hard pulls on your credit report DISPUTE, DISPUTE, DISPUTE.

Credit Reports showing Accounts Closed either by “Grantor” or “Consumer” have no adverse effect on your report or score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.