Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC IS AN OUTRAGE OF A BANK !!!!

tag
Cranston
Established Member

Re: HSBC IS AN OUTRAGE OF A BANK !!!!

I am no fan of hsbc either. They just dont want to be a serious player in the CC business. Move on to another provider, I did.

Message 11 of 30
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Hsbc closed my rewardzone platinum with a 4k limit today and I sent them a very good thank you letter for doing it..I use it a couple of times a year and pif and my scores are 740 on average with one one account opened 6 months ago(Amex) with no derogs on report and low util. Maybe they are phasing out the platinum card because I see no rhyme or reason for closing my card.

Message 12 of 30
tray
Valued Contributor

@moonman wrote:

Hsbc closed my rewardzone platinum with a 4k limit today and I sent them a very good thank you letter for doing it..I use it a couple of times a year and pif and my scores are 740 on average with one one account opened 6 months ago(Amex) with no derogs on report and low util. Maybe they are phasing out the platinum card because I see no rhyme or reason for closing my card.

Sorry to read about your situation, something is very fishy going on with hsbc and for the most part the cardholdermembers will never get a true answer to what is actually going on, but what is true hsbc could care less about these accounts as they are sold.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moonman wrote:

Maybe that's the problem, not enough use and pif. My wife has received far more cli's than I have and she always uses it and carries a balance. I just got a cli on my BBRZMC platinum and I have been using it heavily, my util on the card was 97% at the time of the increase.

Message 14 of 30
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@moonman wrote:

Maybe that's the problem, not enough use and pif. My wife has received far more cli's than I have and she always uses it and carries a balance. I just got a cli on my BBRZMC platinum and I have been using it heavily, my util on the card was 97% at the time of the increase.

You stated utilization at 97% at the time of your last cli, all I can say hsbc has no rhyme or reason for the decisions this bank makes hastly, I would watch out though this bank will turn on you with a blink of an eyeRobot wink

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Message 15 of 30
lithium78
Established Contributor

I think they are phasing these cards out, since they are no longer taking new applications.  BBRZMC is probably not long for this world.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 30
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Yeah I think so too lithium78. No new apps. Was RZMC sold to CapOne?

Message 17 of 30
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Thanks......when I do charge something from Best Buy, It's usually over 1k and I would pay it off and earn  quite a few high dollar certificates I would use on my next purchase but knowing what's going on in this economic environment with HSBC I'm really not surprised have quite a few prime cards so I will just considered this a sign to never do business with that company again but if you go to apply for a Best Buy card and you look at the terms of service which states that if are not approved for a Best Buy card you would be considered for a Gold Mastercard with a fee.

@tray wrote:

@moonman wrote:

Sorry to read about your situation, something is very fishy going on with hsbc and for the most part the cardholdermembers will never get a true answer to what is actually going on, but what is true hsbc could care less about these accounts as they are sold.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@moonman wrote:

You stated utilization at 97% at the time of your last cli, all I can say hsbc has no rhyme or reason for the decisions this bank makes hastly, I would watch out though this bank will turn on you with a blink of an eyeRobot wink

Yes, I used it purposely during our move, because I wasn't sure it would be around for to long due to the buyout, the increase really surprised me.

Message 19 of 30
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The problem is HSBC doesn't grow with you, the cards are static and seem to just get stuck based on the terms when you first applied. My HSBC Platinum isn't moving at all and the reps openly encourage you to apply for a new card to get better terms and CL. HSBC's draconian policies are probably what hurt them in the first place. I can't say I will miss them.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.