Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Online Payments Problems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Online Payments Problems

Hello everyone....I made online bill payments for 3 of my HSBC cards on the same day all from their respected web site. The payments were made and credited on the sites as being paid on 08/19/08 however they have yet to take their money out of my checking account, here we are almost 9 days later. The funds are in the bank and I HAVE used their sites before to make payments from the same account but it has never taken this long for them to pull out their money. I am worried and called them but the reps didnt know what to tell me. I just want to rest assured and see of anyone else out there is experiencing the same issue.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Online Payments Problems

I'm experiencing the same delays. I made an on-line payment to my HSBC MC on 08/20/08 and they have not charged my bank account for it yet. When I check my credit card on-line, the payment is posted without any problems like it usually does. I've had my HSBC MC since 2002 and have always made my payments on-line... This has never happened before. It appears they must be having some problems transmitting their electronic debit files. I'm sure they will pass the offsetting debit once they correct this.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i always pay them two days before due date.  I do not trust them.  They are always the last to post on cras.  Mine is still in June.
Message 3 of 10
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

ScoresUP wrote:
Hello everyone....I made online bill payments for 3 of my HSBC cards on the same day all from their respected web site. The payments were made and credited on the sites as being paid on 08/19/08 however they have yet to take their money out of my checking account, here we are almost 9 days later. The funds are in the bank and I HAVE used their sites before to make payments from the same account but it has never taken this long for them to pull out their money. I am worried and called them but the reps didnt know what to tell me. I just want to rest assured and see of anyone else out there is experiencing the same issue.

Same here. I paid on the 20th and it's not out of my bank account yet. Thankfully it wasn't due and I was just making a random extra payment. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.
Message 4 of 10
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

This happened to me starting with my July payment. Made the payment on a thursday afternoon, and it didnt draft out of my bank account until the following friday.
EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP....

Here we are September 2nd, and HSBC still has not taken their money out of my checking account. They credited my account as of August 19th when I set all three card payments to go through they were not due until the 19th. Any one out there still with this problem. My bank has the money and I have used their online bill pay for all 3 of these accounts before so I know none of the numbers was changed.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made my payment 8/19, still not drafted out of checking account. Called CS twice regarding this and they say they are aware of this and the money will be drafted soon. Payment for 8/28 has already been drafted as of today.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you all recall- HSBC had a major computer outage recently-

I would be sending a check(S) for the min payment ASAP-
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes  you can read about it on Credit in the news on this forum. 
Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ScoresUP wrote:
BUMP....

Here we are September 2nd, and HSBC still has not taken their money out of my checking account. They credited my account as of August 19th when I set all three card payments to go through they were not due until the 19th. Any one out there still with this problem. My bank has the money and I have used their online bill pay for all 3 of these accounts before so I know none of the numbers was changed.

Ditto to DW too. I PIF her HSBC on 8/21 and they sent an acknowledgment e-mail on 8/23 and still haven't zapped the money out as of 9/2. Her account reflects the payment.

I just paid my Orchard on Friday. I wonder if the same will happen. Edit....nope on the Orchard. Came out this morning.

Message Edited by llecs on 09-02-2008 10:15 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.