Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Bank CLI

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

HSBC/Orchard Bank CLI

HI All,

I have had an Orchard Bank Card for about a year and a half with no CLI. I have called and I got declined for an increase? Anyone know a trick to them? My overall utl is 0% and except for a few months here and there I always pay my bill in full each month... sometimes I don't even use it! I am just not sure WHAT I am doign wrong here!

Thanks!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC/Orchard Bank CLI

I would like to know the trick as well.
Message 2 of 34
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Orchard isn't a ccc that will grow with you. You could always try calling again, but I would be careful to see if they are doing any hard pulls if/when you do.

I had two Orchard cards, 1 for about 4 years or so, and only received one cli, which I had to call to receive. Other than that, nothing at all. I closed them both at the beginning of this year. They served their purpose, though, and I have no complaints about the company at all.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What number did you call? Try this one 1-800-395-6090
Message 4 of 34
aftermath
Established Contributor

bridgetkaryn wrote:
HI All,

I have had an Orchard Bank Card for about a year and a half with no CLI. I have called and I got declined for an increase? Anyone know a trick to them? My overall utl is 0% and except for a few months here and there I always pay my bill in full each month... sometimes I don't even use it! I am just not sure WHAT I am doign wrong here!

Thanks!

Bridget

Have you had any lates or overlimits?
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 5 of 34
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

You will not get a cli (or will have a VERY hard time getting 1) if you have EVER (and I mean EVER- as in 10+ yrs ago- think amex type of forever LOL) had a late, overlimit, chargeoff (incl. hsbc), or otherwise burned them.  best you can hope for is sometimes they will (may) give a CLI if you have multiple ccs w/them and ask to combo them/threaten to close.

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took and combined my orchard and hsbc. Kept my hsbc they only allow 2 cards after i combined i got a dreamcard through them no AF auto CLI
Message 7 of 34
rj2311
Valued Member

Those were the first CC's I got after BK.  And they were both preapprovals in the mail.
Started out with a CL of 300 for each back in '03 and now one is 1200 and the other 1500.
I was getting automatic CL increases at least once a year.  Besides the AF's and the high
APR's they have been good cards.  UTIL has never been more than 50%.  Have always paid on time and online.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohhhhhhh, the dreaded HSBC question!!!! I will say that I applied for a got a small 300 cl with a orchard, I don't know why i applied there but i did, anyway before i even got the card I said hey i don't need this, i just got a 6,000 mastercard from citi, so i call to cancel and she said ok, tell ya what, give ya a free af on your best buy mastercard and raise your limit to 500 on the orchard, i said sure! then i call back 1 month later, and was like i have the card in my hand now "orchard" and I don't need it! Then i call the number and am like can i combine my orchard card with my best buy MC, small 850 limit lol, and she said hang on, very rude person at first, then she came back and said no we can't do that and if we did u won't get the full cl of the combined two, i was like well close BOTH acct's! I don't need ya no how, and she said ok i will get u to a person to help with that and a nice woman came on and said what's wrong and i said I don't need this card if i can't combine them, i got enough cards! and she said if u keep the orchard and the best buy i will lower the apr on the best buy and give ya another 200 cli on the orchard, lol! But now I am faced with closing them both because I don't want them to close them out due to not using them! Why use em when i have better cards i don't even use lol.... good luck!! Just tell em u want to close out the acct, that works sometimes, DON"T try it with GEMB, they will close out the acct for you and say u asked for it! that is what they did to me, but i don't need them either!
Message 9 of 34
brendogg27
Contributor

Orchard gave me a CLI 5 months after having the card.  I called the backdoor number.  They gave me $200.  I'll have my 1 year anniversary with them in July I think.  No inq.

PLUS:  I had an HSBC card that I defaulted on prior.  They still gave it to me.  I did PIF every month though. 

Message Edited by brendogg27 on 05-26-2008 05:12 AM
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.