cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Bank Q. Can I Upgrade My Orchard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC/Orchard Bank Q. Can I Upgrade My Orchard?

pattycake wrote:
Orchard is a good builder card, but with an AF and rare CLI's, you're better off hanging on to it until you can get something better.

In time, you'll be able to qualify for a much better card. Good luck!

I agree. Don't waste an inquiry applying for another orchard card. Just work with the one you have and when your scores improve, app for a better card with another bank that will allow the card to grow more.
Message 11 of 15
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks. I appreciate that advice. The only reason I considered it is because I think my collection was re-aged and even though it falls off late 2010, I worry that Amex/Citi will see that and run away, even though my scores (all things equal) project to boost up within the next 6 months.

I just want to have a nice back-up plan and at least have one good relationship with an entity.

Thanks, guys.
Message 12 of 15
tri3nity
Contributor

I have had my orchard secured card now for 4 months.  I started with a credit limit of $200.00 and will be at $700.00 by the end of this month, making regular deposits to get to $1000.00 CL by end of year. Will they upgrade to an unsecured card?

Starting Score: 1/2011 TU 539 EQ 481
Current Score: 2/2011 TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505
Goal Score: 620+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Ymmv w/orchard.  My experience has been 2 ccs (ea. w/300 CLs), NO clis in 18 mos. despite perfect payment history, PIF, letting a balance carry, low utilization, high utilization, multiple payments/month, etc.  Yes, I’ve tried everything to get some luv from them LOL  So far, no dice.  Last time I called for a cli, I got a long condescending speech about my PAST mistakes.  Mind you, my last baddie was in 2003.

I just comboed my 2 ccs into 1 and it did NOT cost me a hard inq. and I got to keep my CL, so now I have 1 cc w/a 600 CL.

If I were you, I would start lining up ‘replacements’- e.g., I lined up cap 1 (who DOUBLED my CL after just 2 mos.), hooters, and BA 99/500.  all of those ccs WILL grow w/me and NONE have been as annoying/condescending as orchard has.  W/that said, orchard’s done its job- e.g., helped me rebuild and raise my ficos.

3/09- orchard is fired.

Message 14 of 15
jbh
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply .Sadly, in 2001/2 I defaulted on Cap 1 (I can't even remember what I did with it, honestly) and I know they denied me last year when I re-applied .I figure I am black listed.

I'm going to just knock down util and apply for a real card later. My ficos are lower 600 before CJ posts and before I knocked my util from 90+ to 50+

So it's just a waiting game.

TY, again.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.