cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Orchard Bank Success? Heck Yeah! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Orchard Bank Success? Heck Yeah! :)

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

First off Congratulations on your persistence and success! Second from reviewing your scores I plugged 650 into http://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/ to see what cards would be recommended and based on your score you may have a good chance of being approved for the Amex Delta Sky Miles, Capital One No Hassle Rewards card and handful of others including a few store cards. If you decide to do an app spree I would suggest to apply for the cards you want in minutes of each other and if you get a decline or 7-10 day message I would call the new app/backdoor numbers to recon and just explain your situation that you are rebuilding your credit and want Amex/Capital One to give you a chance. If you don't get approved for the Delta Sky Miles and recon doesn't work just ask them to approve you for a $500 Zync Charge Card. 

AMEX is a bust for me...have a BK7 from 2009, so they won't touch me...not even for the autopay option.

I have thought of converting my Cap1 to a No-Hassle Rewards, but I have a bit of a balance I need to pay down before I could make that happen (or do I? could use some clarification if anyone can).

The one I want more than anything is Discover. I shop locally a lot in the suburbs outside Indy...and man, do they LOVE Discover at those shops! Plus, the benefits of the More and Motiva cards seem pretty good. Just think I'd be wise to wait until I'm 6 months outside my last inquiry, allow accounts to age, and pay util down to 1-9% before I take that leap.

From my experience both of them are stringent when it comes to granting intial credit and future credit (CLI, additional cards, etc) if your scores aren't up to par and carrying balances. However from reading on here I thought you might have had a chance to get their Zync card but to be honest to have better cards with them and high limits you have to be at 720 or higher.

Message 11 of 18
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From my experience both of them are stringent when it comes to granting intial credit and future credit (CLI, additional cards, etc) if your scores aren't up to par and carrying balances. However from reading on here I thought you might have had a chance to get their Zync card but to be honest to have better cards with them and high limits you have to be at 720 or higher.

Yep...and see, paying off my balances (which will come shortly after Christmas) will both bump my credit up and lower my util. I'm hoping that FICOs (my EQ and TU and my best...Discover pulls both) and other particulars on my credit report will override that BK7 from 2009 (Discover was not among the listed accounts)

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 12 of 18
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

Great job and congrats!!  You worked it very well.  I started with orchard bank about 5 years ago-score was 585 and CL was 300.  I was able to get them to raise it to 800 over the next couple of years.  Keep in mind that you will never get big CL from these types of cards and that their actually pretty amazing companies to take on our BULL**** credit.  Use them to get where you need to be!!!!!

Message 13 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! I tried your process with Cap1, knowing that it would probably be fruitless. In the end, I still have recieved no CLI from Cap1 in 3.5 years. Spoke to 3 supervisors and was told the same thing..."A customer initiated CLI is not currently available for your account"

A Customer initiated closure is tho......Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 18
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Just tried and spoke with a manager in India, was yours also abroad? Well he insisted that the account was opened with an AF and thus the fee would be enforced lol No way to eliminate or reduce it and to apply for a new card >_<

Message 15 of 18
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@redwalker2929 wrote:

Great job and congrats!!  You worked it very well.  I started with orchard bank about 5 years ago-score was 585 and CL was 300.  I was able to get them to raise it to 800 over the next couple of years.  Keep in mind that you will never get big CL from these types of cards and that their actually pretty amazing companies to take on our BULL**** credit.  Use them to get where you need to be!!!!!

They serve a purpose and they do know their customers hence the small credit limits. If they lose

they know it will be a small hit as oppose to thousands of dollars. Smart Business if you ask me.

They serve a niche market and they know it.

I applied for a cap one almost 3 months ago to rebuild my credit and they gave me 2 grand to start..I was surprised cap one gave

me that much to start.

Message 16 of 18
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 17 of 18
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

First off Congratulations on your persistence and success! Second from reviewing your scores I plugged 650 into http://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/ to see what cards would be recommended and based on your score you may have a good chance of being approved for the Amex Delta Sky Miles, Capital One No Hassle Rewards card and handful of others including a few store cards. If you decide to do an app spree I would suggest to apply for the cards you want in minutes of each other and if you get a decline or 7-10 day message I would call the new app/backdoor numbers to recon and just explain your situation that you are rebuilding your credit and want Amex/Capital One to give you a chance. If you don't get approved for the Delta Sky Miles and recon doesn't work just ask them to approve you for a $500 Zync Charge Card. 

AMEX is a bust for me...have a BK7 from 2009, so they won't touch me...not even for the autopay option.

I have thought of converting my Cap1 to a No-Hassle Rewards, but I have a bit of a balance I need to pay down before I could make that happen (or do I? could use some clarification if anyone can).

The one I want more than anything is Discover. I shop locally a lot in the suburbs outside Indy...and man, do they LOVE Discover at those shops! Plus, the benefits of the More and Motiva cards seem pretty good. Just think I'd be wise to wait until I'm 6 months outside my last inquiry, allow accounts to age, and pay util down to 1-9% before I take that leap.

for someone with bankruptcy your scores are pretty decent.  if i were you i would start browsing the board and when you read a post about bk friendly cc jot them down.   that's what i do.  i browse and jot things down.  (TU puller that i may like, EXP puller that i may like...when to apply, etc)  although i cant remember the exact posts, ive seen people with bk apply and get decent cards.   may have to recon, but gets you in especially if you get a chance to explain your situation.

anyway, good luck with that discover, and everything else you apply for.

also, with orchard, i have them and they serve their purpose.  it was my first card after my credit nightmare and i had no cards.  i went without a cc for about 6 years.  orchard gave me theirs at $500 CL.  i kept a balance with them for about a year, then paid in full.  when i did that they automatically increased the CL to $700.  they're stingy.  but they play a role.  like someone said, they have a niche and they dont care.  as soon as i get two more cards, orchard will be shown the door.  i dont know what their AF is right now, and i dont care, but after i take advantage of the purpose they serve, they will be shown the door permanently becaus i know they'll never show me the love i need by giving me higher CL.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.