cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC - Orchard Bank

Established Member

HSBC - Orchard Bank

I recently got an unsecured Orchard bank M/C  and I also just recently received a secured card through my Credit Union.    I have scores of EX 593,  TU 568 And Equifax 625.  What are my chances of getting a CC for a retail store?   I dont want to put in a lot of inquries if I have no chance,  also does HSBC have any retail stores that they are affiliated with, if so it might be easier to get one at a store they are affiliated with since they already issued me a Mastercard.   Thanks for any help.    
4 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC - Orchard Bank

best buy is HSBC.
Regular Contributor

Don't know where you live but, the Bob-Ton chain (Carson's, Boston Store, etc) is HSBC and Sear's uses HSBC as an alternative when one doesn't qualify for their card issued by Citi Bank.  Good luck!
Frequent Contributor

You may not be able to get another hsbc cc until 18 mos. after you got your orchard- hsbc has some funky rules about that- sometimes people app + get denied just b/c of it.

The only retail cc I apped for + got was target (580 fico) late last yr.  Some have reported luck w/macys but if you’ve burned Citibank in the past, you may find yourself blacklisted from macys

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

creditreformer wrote:

You may not be able to get another hsbc cc until 18 mos. after you got your orchard- hsbc has some funky rules about that- sometimes people app + get denied just b/c of it.

The only retail cc I apped for + got was target (580 fico) late last yr.  Some have reported luck w/macys but if you’ve burned Citibank in the past, you may find yourself blacklisted from macys

I received two HSBC cards within 2 mo (Orchard & Best Buy). Good Luck.
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (05/12/15): EQ:583; TU: 570; EX: 596 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/15): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)