cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC/Orchard Pre selector proven to be Junk?

tag
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC/Orchard Pre selector proven to be Junk?

Ha ha ha!  I would've given anything to be on that 3-way phone call.  Glad you blindsided them with that info!  The nerve some companies have... geeeeez 

Message 11 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

Ha ha ha!  I would've given anything to be on that 3-way phone call.  Glad you blindsided them with that info!  The nerve some companies have... geeeeez 

I have HSBC's backdoor credit department number, they are SO nice, and always from the US, but they are ADAMANT on their decisions and WILL NOT budge about anything.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 12 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

I have heard stories that the pre-selector will offer secured cards only, but if you actually bank with HSBC, it gives you real card offers instead of just the secured one.

That's true if you try the HSBC preselector. However, the Orchard and Household preselectors have offered cards other than secured.

I tried the orchard one and got secured card offer both with my credentials and dummy credentials.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 13 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just did the Orchard Bank and I was Pre-approved for some new eco-friendly credit card with rewards Platinum... then when I click continue it says it has $59 annual fee... The platinum is suppose to have no fees!! This offer sounds more like Gold and I'm not interested in a $300 limit

Message 14 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

Orchard Platinum is supposed to have a $29-$59 AF depending on your "creditworthiness", or lack thereof.  None of the Orchards are AF-free.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 15 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

Orchard Platinum is supposed to have a $29-$59 AF depending on your "creditworthiness", or lack thereof.  None of the Orchards are AF-free.

If that was not enough, they have processing feel also onsome cards.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 16 of 17
smc733
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

If that was not enough, they have processing feel also onsome cards.

Platinum is the only one without a processing fee, actually that you've mentioned it.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.