Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Plat starting CL??

tag
stefanc
Regular Contributor

HSBC Plat starting CL??

Has anyone recently gone for the HSBC "prime" platinum cash back card (1%, no AF etc.)?

I was wondering what the starting credit lines are on this card. I am assuming they are not the standard (Orchard or HSBC annual fee) $300-ish, but what sort of range are people actually getting when you apply? The 0% for a year looks kinda yummy!

TIA 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Plat starting CL??

Welcome Stefanc, recently me and a friend each under 2k. Considering I was since approved with another issuer for more and have cards with 5 figure CLs, I actually closed HSBC. Didn't figure the lower limit was worth the hassle to me trying to keep it active. But if you can use a line like that, go ahead and go for it. Both of us prequalified and instantly approved. Good luck!
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 08-11-2009 12:08 PM
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 08-11-2009 12:23 PM
Message 2 of 10
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Welcome Stefanc, recently me and a friend each under 2k. Considering I was since approved with another issuer for more and have cards with 5 figure CLs, I actually closed HSBC. Didn't figure the lower limit was worth the hassle to me trying to keep it active. But if you can use a line like that, go ahead and go for it. Both of us prequalified and instantly approved. Good luck!
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 08-11-2009 12:08 PM
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 08-11-2009 12:23 PM

Thanks! If it's likely to be less than 5,000 I don't think I'll waste the inquiry...

After you did the pre-qual did then then do the hard pull on EX as well? Or did they pull EQ or TU?

Thanks again 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

hard pulled Ex only
Message 4 of 10
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the Platinum Plus Rewards 1% with CL of $5,000.
Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strepthroat wrote:
I was approved for the Platinum Plus Rewards 1% with CL of $5,000.

Congrats! There are so many variables and ea issuer has their own criteria. 1 size doesn't fit all. Like I said HSBC granted me a lower line than others. One issuer may look more strongly at history or score. Another income. Another current debt, etc. Maybe OP should give it whirl if can afford the inq.
Message 6 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

OP - what is your highest CL you have on an open TL?
Message 7 of 10
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Thanks all for the replies! Tempted to pull the trigger, but still leary. Like I said the 0% for a year is tempting, but if it is 1 or 2K it's too much of a hassle managing it to bother!

Highest is 19K then a drop to 10K, 7K a bunch around 3-5 and Juni rounding it all up at a whopping 400... Util is around 14% (a couple big 12 month 0% on depot and lowes). 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stefanc wrote:
Tempted to pull the trigger, but still leary. Like I said the 0% for a year is tempting, but if it is 1 or 2K it's too much of a hassle managing it to bother!

I know what you mean. That's why I closed my HSBC and whittled my portfolio. I'm more than happy with a 5K opening CL in these times. But like you anything less I don't have time for.
Message 9 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@stefanc wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Thanks all for the replies! Tempted to pull the trigger, but still leary. Like I said the 0% for a year is tempting, but if it is 1 or 2K it's too much of a hassle managing it to bother!

Highest is 19K then a drop to 10K, 7K a bunch around 3-5 and Juni rounding it all up at a whopping 400... Util is around 14% (a couple big 12 month 0% on depot and lowes). 

Knowing HSBC's track record you have a large chance of being unhappy. Even if they are inclined to come up to meet your higher CL's they might be held back if you already have a lot of other available unsecured credit.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.