Valued Member
Jesster

HSBC Platinum stuff

I keep getting pre-sel offers from HSBC, first for a platinum MC and then the Visa. Now, when I read the fine print and see the letters "HSBC" I get a foul taste in my mouth. I assume that they are horrible company. Am I making a false and callous assumption?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams

Cap1 Secured - $700 (chopping block)/ Amex Green / AmazonGEMB - $3200 / Amex BCE - $3200 / Chase Freedom - $3000 / Discover More $3500
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: HSBC Platinum stuff

I would skip them now that you have Amex.... you are on your way to be outgrown for HSBC. Consider Citi Forward instead.

Fico Scores: EQ- 656 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 700 Chase (12-17-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Strepthroat

Re: HSBC Platinum stuff

I've had the HSBC Platinum Plus Rewards Mastercard card for about a year now, $5,000 limit.....the rewards are pretty decent.  I've never had a problem with HSBC.  Got a 0% promotion for 12 months.  I use the card every few months just to keep open.  My husband hadn't used his for about 6 months and they closed his for non use.  He later reapplied and was approved for $8,000.  I can only assume, like other issuers, they want usage.

I also have an Orchard Bank that's about 7 years old.  It never grows but it's my oldest card so I refuse to close it.  It has a $2,500 limit on it, started at $300. 

HSBC has cards for different credit standings.  So far they've been great to me!

Marriott Rewards Visa $25,000; AirTran A+Rewards Visa $25,000; PFCU Visa $17,000; Barclay B&N MasterCard $12,000; GUCU Visa $10,500; Nordstrom Visa $10,000; GOCU Visa $10,000; Ann Taylor MasterCard $6,400; US Bank Perks Plus Visa $5,000; Barclay Arrival MasterCard $5,000; Quicksilver One $3,000; Capital One Classic $3,000; Amazon Visa $500; Sam's Club MasterCard $250; Dillards AMEX $250; Wal-Mart MasterCard $250.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}