Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Pre-approval

I went to HSBC and did a pre-approval for a CC. They said I was pre-approved for their Platinum Mastercard and their Secured Mastercard. Now I know that there are no guarantees but If I apply for the Platinum, will they offer the secured if not approved? I don't mind If I have to do the Secured but don't want to waste the inquiries if I get denied for the unsecured and then have to re-apply for the secured. My Fico's are in my signature.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Pre-approval

dicej32 wrote:
I went to HSBC and did a pre-approval for a CC. They said I was pre-approved for their Platinum Mastercard and their Secured Mastercard. Now I know that there are no guarantees but If I apply for the Platinum, will they offer the secured if not approved? I don't mind If I have to do the Secured but don't want to waste the inquiries if I get denied for the unsecured and then have to re-apply for the secured. My Fico's are in my signature.

my numbers were just a tiny bit higher when I got a preapproval in the mail. I got the  card but it for $300. I've had it almost 10 months with no auto cl. Everytime I hit the luv button I get the call cs #. I don't want to call, I hate rejection.Smiley Surprised
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would finish your repair- or get a little further with it.

While I am sure you can get approved- it's not going to be a card that grows with you- 

If you have no revolving accounts- that's a whole different story.

dicej32 wrote:

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Timothy, actually I don't have any open revolving accounts. All I have open is an auto loan (current, no lates in 22 months) and am paying on a WAMU card that was closed through a DMP (shows closed by credit grantor. Is also current). By the way I quit the DMP  last month. I'm in early stages of rebuild. Just now able to use Truecredit as Experian was reporting an incorrect D.O.B which had me all messed up. Just figured a few new tradelines combined with rebuilding was a good place to start. I do have a pre-approval letter from Cap1.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores were around yours when I got my Orchard (not sure if it uses the same criteria as HSBC). I got an initial $300, but called Orchard's backdoor # and got a CLI to $500 the day I got the card in the mail.

(My scores dropped because of a "new" medical collection plopping on after apping -- rotten bastiges!!)

Also, if this helps you ANY, I had had 2 lates on my only installment account (had no CCs at the time) within the past 6 months when I apped with Orchard.

Again, Orchard and HSBC are the "same" company, but their criteria might be different. So as usual, YMMV.

Good luck!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.