Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Products

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Products

Im afraid to app to now..lol. I have 8-10 ing. in the last year and my UTL is about 60%.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 27
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

On TU?

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 22 of 27
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

On TU?

YES lol

Message 23 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you bought a car or a house you can probably explain those away.

but if they think it's for 8 credit cards, you will be instantly denied

Message 24 of 27
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Some where, but 3 or 4 where from cell phone companies. They double pulled for some reason.

Message 25 of 27
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Some where, but 3 or 4 where from cell phone companies. They double pulled for some reason.

If most are for things OTHER than credit cards, I would apply.  You will probably get denied.  Then call the backdoor number listed on this forum and ask for a reconsideration and tell them about the inquiries.  I'm sure they will approve you.

I had 14 new accounts in the last year and they still approved me for $4,500!  All things can be explained.  They are VERY VERY nice and understanding for the most part.  If you get someone who isn't just hang up and call back!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 26 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jthedges wrote:

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

If most are for things OTHER than credit cards, I would apply.  You will probably get denied.  Then call the backdoor number listed on this forum and ask for a reconsideration and tell them about the inquiries.  I'm sure they will approve you...

+1

I was astounded for a moment, when I read your other post, as I didn't think that there were that many TU-pullers on this planet.

A lot of denials result from computer crunching of credit reports. The computers don't distinguish between CC apps and auto loan apps and mortgage apps and random acts of unkindness like cell phone apps. Look through your report first, and make notes about which inqs resulted from what, and then call for a recon. Be prepared to gently lead the CSR through the report, pointing out what the apps were for.

It's definitely worth a try!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.