Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 786
Registered: ‎09-15-2008
0

Re: HSBC Products

Im afraid to app to now..lol. I have 8-10 ing. in the last year and my UTL is about 60%.


Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 421
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
0

Re: HSBC Products

On TU?

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Established Contributor
Posts: 786
Registered: ‎09-15-2008
0

Re: HSBC Products

 


jthedges wrote:

On TU?


YES lol

 


Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,233
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: HSBC Products

If you bought a car or a house you can probably explain those away.

but if they think it's for 8 credit cards, you will be instantly denied

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Posts: 786
Registered: ‎09-15-2008
0

Re: HSBC Products

 


Creditaddict wrote:

If you bought a car or a house you can probably explain those away.

but if they think it's for 8 credit cards, you will be instantly denied


Some where, but 3 or 4 where from cell phone companies. They double pulled for some reason.

 


Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 421
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
0

Re: HSBC Products

 


Breakthecycle2 wrote:

 


Creditaddict wrote:

If you bought a car or a house you can probably explain those away.

but if they think it's for 8 credit cards, you will be instantly denied


Some where, but 3 or 4 where from cell phone companies. They double pulled for some reason.

 


 

If most are for things OTHER than credit cards, I would apply.  You will probably get denied.  Then call the backdoor number listed on this forum and ask for a reconsideration and tell them about the inquiries.  I'm sure they will approve you.

 

I had 14 new accounts in the last year and they still approved me for $4,500!  All things can be explained.  They are VERY VERY nice and understanding for the most part.  If you get someone who isn't just hang up and call back!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: HSBC Products

 


jthedges wrote:

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

If you bought a car or a house you can probably explain those away.

but if they think it's for 8 credit cards, you will be instantly denied


Some where, but 3 or 4 where from cell phone companies. They double pulled for some reason.


If most are for things OTHER than credit cards, I would apply.  You will probably get denied.  Then call the backdoor number listed on this forum and ask for a reconsideration and tell them about the inquiries.  I'm sure they will approve you...


 

+1

 

I was astounded for a moment, when I read your other post, as I didn't think that there were that many TU-pullers on this planet.

 

A lot of denials result from computer crunching of credit reports. The computers don't distinguish between CC apps and auto loan apps and mortgage apps and random acts of unkindness like cell phone apps. Look through your report first, and make notes about which inqs resulted from what, and then call for a recon. Be prepared to gently lead the CSR through the report, pointing out what the apps were for.

 

It's definitely worth a try!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.