Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Rants

tag
My2cents
Regular Contributor

HSBC Rants

If you have any quarrels with HSBC, please post.  I got your back.  Let's get em. Them (edited)

My2centsSmiley Wink

note: I feel your pain, but nope, can't use that, even with a strikethrough.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-28-2008 07:57 PM
700 Club Member
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Rants

IDIOT CS SUCKS
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed mine and moved on. Unless I default on everything, and my scores dive to the 500's, Im not interested in anything else from them.
Message 3 of 12
voidman
Established Contributor

Was denied due to too many inquires, latter got approved for Chase Freedom. how lucky I am, hahahah (knock on the wood)
-void
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought a car through them, all payments minus one baddie from 4 years ago were on time. Got a card from them, no baddies at all. Asked for CLI, was denied. I don't have the best scores but they couldn't boost me up to $500?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a MC and BBMC from them in Sep 2007 - closed both accounts Sep 2008.  600 and 650 CL and only 1 CLI of 150 and another of 100 in a year (perfect pay, btw).... wouldn't grow with me so bye-bye to them.  I did this before I had replacement cards. 

Target same deal only 1 CLI (300 to 500) no offer of VISA and no CLI at 1 year - so bye-bye.  Did the same with Chevron and HSN - no CLI so bye-bye.  Closed those 5 (total cl of 2350) but replaced them with 50K in majors over 2 1/2months.  The new accounts hurt - but then I have no major purchases planned that I need a max fico for - they can age out over 2 years before I need to worry about score.

My philosophy is that I am providing revenue for them and if they aren't serving my needs then my business goes elsewhere.  The HSBCs, FPs, Cap1s all have their purpose (to start or rebuild) - but they are not the end all of cards.

I have nothing bad to say about them - other than they evidently don't value long term relationships and it's not in their business plan to court customers for the long term. My new cards are with NFCU, USAA and Discover - and they do believe in relationships for the long term.

Message 6 of 12
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Think about it.  If they dont want long-term customer relationships by showing the customers that they want your business by granting some of your wishes, then they are obviously happy to get what they can out of you

(AFs, CLI fees, high %rates, etc.).  So please dont let them use you and you dont give you anything in return.

Again, why do they charge you 10 dollars for a 100 dollar CLI.  If you deserve a CLI, then grant the increase.  Stop nickel and diming your good paying customers.  I had to tell them that I was going to dump them in order to get 500 dollar increase(by the way it does work).  And I still cant get over how I was approved for the 3% gas cashback card/2% all other purchases card with a soft pull online, but when I clicked on apply(hard pull), I was denied.  We should work hard not to give them what they want, which is FEEs.

Partial rant by My2centsSmiley Wink

Refund me my AF or I am going to dump you.

700 Club Member
Message 7 of 12
cantretire
Contributor

wow, I guess I'm lucky.  I opened a checking account with them 25 years ago.  I have an online savings, overdraft account and a CC with a CL of $21,500 at 10.9%.  I've never had problems with them.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an HSBC Platinum MC for 14 years.  Never late.  Occasionally carried a balance but usually PIF'ed.  Never had a problem, until...

A phantom charged from a Shell station in a different state showed up.  A state that I could prove I was not in.  After "investigating," HSBC decided that because my card hadn't been reported stolen (I had it in my safe) and because it fit my pattern of purchases (even though I hade never used the HSBC card for gas) I was responsible for the charge.  I cancelled the card immediately.

My Ficos are all 800+.  Their loss.

Message 9 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My philosophy is that I am providing revenue for them and if they aren't serving my needs then my business goes elsewhere.  The HSBCs, FPs, Cap1s all have their purpose (to start or rebuild) - but they are not the end all of cards.

I couldn't agree more. 

Here we go again...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.