Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC - Reporting times

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC - Reporting times

Wow, thanks guys!  I really love the quick and informative responses.

llecs, I really hope my card is under the same time lines as yours.... in other words I hope my new balance reports on the 10th or maybe before then.  This balance pay off would literally boost me by 40 points of I'm guessing correctly, so that would be a HUGE help in getting financing.

Just funny that it says the balance for June IN the month of June (6/27) and not for May....

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!  I will keep you posted!

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
Bourne
Established Member

+1. That has been my experience as well. 

I know everyone is saying they report your balance at the end of the month few days after, and that HAS BEEN the case for me up until last month. Now they report the statement balance around the middle of the month, except for EX which hasn't updated since April Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC - Reporting timesyy

Hi. I am new to forum and having same issue. I paid off my HSBC account on June 4th. I am waiting for it to come off my credit report for me to be able to pull a mortgage report to qualify. I am in a time crunch and have to get a house as lease is ending in a few months. I have been checking often to see of it has updated yet and it hasn't. EQ is still showing April's end of month balance and TU/EX show May's balance. Seems like everything has updated except HSBC, of course, the one thing I am waiting on.

Message 13 of 21
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I recently noticed they reported the end of the month balance to 1 CB and the closing balance to another.

Message 14 of 21
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Getting even more interesting... My HSBC card updated on TU (only) on the 10th (with the balance from the 9th) - Statement doesn't even cut until tonight or tomorrow. My Orchard updated on the 8th with statement balance on EQ only EX has not updated either the orchard or the HSBC card since May. If they keep this up I'll have to just stop using them to get them to report 0 balance! It was so nice and easy when they just reported the end of the month.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So frustrating! Experian finally updates today but only to May's balance. TU and Equifax still show May's balance which they have for month and a half. None have updated to show June's balance of $0. This has to be one of the most dysfunctional systems ever created. Why three agencies needed? Why can't reporting dates be standardized? Why can't they at least put a date of last change or update? [/Rant]
Message 16 of 21
brian2220
Regular Contributor

My household card also hasn't updated since the beginning of may.
My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 17 of 21
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Hmmmm... I may opened a can of worms here.......

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 21
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Two months in a row now, my Orchard Bank card has updated shortly after the statement date, with the statement balance, to all 3 bureaus.  Looks like they may have changed how they reports.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked mine again today. Still showing May's balance.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.