Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC SUCKS!

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC SUCKS!

@creditreformer wrote:

as for age, orchard is my oldest acct (first premier was older, but there was NO way I was keeping that cc any longer), so I may take a fico ding now if I close it.  however, I have other ccs that I got in 4/08-9/08 (cap 1x 2- 1.1k cl ea.; ba 99/500; hooters; hsbc bb mc; target red), so any loss due to age from orchard will be short-lived + probably not much of a factor if I hold off on closing it until 3/10.  I am not willing to take the short term fico loss associated w/killing orchard now (trying to buy a new used car soon- need 1 ASAP), so that is why orchard gets 3 yrs of joy from me.

Unless I'm mistaken, you won't lose the age until after it falls off your report (10 years after closing it, if in positive status). So when you close them in the next few months will not make any difference age wise until 2019!

Message 11 of 15
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@ralbusta hope you are right and that is good news for me and many but I have a suspicion that was not the case for me and many others, I could be wrong though. I felt a ding because I started in 89 and was in 800 club through 2000 and then yada yada yada happened and I had to start over in 2002 and household and orchard were my first and I improved quickly for various reasons and when I got rid of orchard, I only had added Crapital One and Juniper and I took a noticable hit and there wasn't much going on that would have explained that but it ironed itself out by when the other two got older and then once again when I got rid of C1 I felt it again but I had also had Dell, CareCredit recently opened, I figured that might have been it. Anyway, it might all just be the motion of the universe and nothing more.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just paid a $470 balance off with them on my Orchard card my limit was only $500. I requested a CLI was denied for whatever reason then I heard the famous well we review accounts year round for increases  I'm like whatever. I've had this card a hold year never late never over the limit. I have received 2 CLI from them they both where $100 but that's it

I'm so sick of these low limit cards my store cards have bigger CL them my Visa's or Mastercards.

Then I have a Best Buy that I will never get a CLI from cause I have the B plan an my CL is already at the max.

As soon as I can get approved for a better cards I'm getting rid of Orchard  I see now this card is not gonna grow with me well any HSBC product to that matter.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 01-27-2009 01:16 PM

Hell, ya got the best Orchard account on this web site. HAhAhHAa

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.
@ralbusta wrote:

@creditreformer wrote:

as for age, orchard is my oldest acct (first premier was older, but there was NO way I was keeping that cc any longer), so I may take a fico ding now if I close it.  however, I have other ccs that I got in 4/08-9/08 (cap 1x 2- 1.1k cl ea.; ba 99/500; hooters; hsbc bb mc; target red), so any loss due to age from orchard will be short-lived + probably not much of a factor if I hold off on closing it until 3/10.  I am not willing to take the short term fico loss associated w/killing orchard now (trying to buy a new used car soon- need 1 ASAP), so that is why orchard gets 3 yrs of joy from me.

Unless I'm mistaken, you won't lose the age until after it falls off your report (10 years after closing it, if in positive status). So when you close them in the next few months will not make any difference age wise until 2019!

Message 14 of 15
pattycake
Established Contributor

I had Orchard, in fact, two Orchard cards, and they were both lame.  Their cards are purely subprime rebuilder cards and are great for the two-year rebuilding phase, but must be closed because the fees never get waived and the CLIs are virtually nonexistent.

Try a Citi card.  They are usually pretty good with limits if your credit score is at least 650 or so and they tend to have low or no AF's.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.