cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Selling or Shutting Down US Credit Cards (Orchard, GM Card, Best Buy, HSBC Cards, etc.).

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Selling or Shutting Down US Credit Cards (Orchard, GM Card, Best Buy, HSBC Cards, etc.).

They are also some of my oldest TL's ( MasterCard '02 Visa 06) both CL $1200 with APR 11%. I use them occasionally and just eat the $50 AF on them. I was considering closing at least one now I'm curious as to what their future might be. Think I'll hold on to them...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 21 of 62
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC Selling or Shutting Down US Credit Cards (Orchard, GM Card, Best Buy, HSBC Cards, etc.).

Interesting development. I was about to cancel my HSBC BB store card because they keep talling me that my $750 CL won't go any further. I might just hang on a year and see what happens.

If anyone has a late on HSBC/Orchard, GW now or it will be too late (unless you want to wait the full 7).

Message 22 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

my limit with them is low too, but like others have said they were the first to offer me credit when I was rebuilding. how does that work if they sell it to another company. do I have to requalify for the card?

Message 23 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my limit with them is low too, but like others have said they were the first to offer me credit when I was rebuilding. how does that work if they sell it to another company. do I have to requalify for the card? I can see barclays cutting a lot of HSBC customers if they bought a couple portfolios.

Message 24 of 62
MagicShot
Contributor

Thats what chase did when they bought Washington Mutual. They were cutting cards left and right. I was cut, I called the chase backdoor number, did a financial review and the kept it open. But its their lower card so it doesnt grow with me much. I just been keeping for the continued history.

Does anyone know what the qualifications are for barclays? I dont like cap one that much. I would prefer gemb take some of their account instead of cap one. would be nice if a prime lender would take some of their portfolio but highly unlikely since a lot of hsbc if not all is sub prime.

Message 25 of 62
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

Interesting development. I was about to cancel my HSBC BB store card because they keep talling me that my $750 CL won't go any further. I might just hang on a year and see what happens.

If anyone has a late on HSBC/Orchard, GW now or it will be too late (unless you want to wait the full 7).

I think I might do the same. I was going to close my OB card next month, as I no longer need a 400 CL. But now I'm curious to see how this all plays out. Still, I can ask if they'll reduce or waive the AF. We'll see what happens...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 26 of 62
android01
Valued Contributor

Looks like it's going to be Capital One...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/16/us-capitalone-hsbc-idUSTRE75F06G20110616

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 27 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@android01 wrote:

Looks like it's going to be Capital One...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/16/us-capitalone-hsbc-idUSTRE75F06G20110616

Anybody have any ideas what would happen if a current OB cardholder in good standing had their account acquired by, say, CrapOne but the cardholder happened to be on CrapOne's blacklist?  I'm guessing they'd find they were cancelled.

Message 28 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope its not officially Capital One... what a shame.

My Orchard card is the only one I have had for a year now, and I love them for giving me a chance.

Just got a CLI from them too - only $100, went from 300 to 400, not much... but it's a start! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 62
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

It was also the only place that gave me credit when I started rebuilding. I started out with $300 limit. So far every six months I've received an cli of $300 and am at $900 now. Next month will be my six month again, hoping to break 1k with them.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.