Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC, Specializing in Confusing Customers

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

HSBC, Specializing in Confusing Customers

I just called HSBC's backdoor number in Nevada, and was told the following about the Program B Best Buy account:

-The accounts are reviewed every 6 months and can be CLI'ed up to $1,200

-Every 2 years the accounts are reviewed, and if a Program B account is reviewed after that 2 year period, with perfect history and all other accounts are good, it WILL switch to program A.

I was looking to take advantage of the financing, so I was wondering if I should close it, wait 45 days, then re-apply in store, or just bite the bullet and wait 2 years?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC, Specializing in Confusing Customers

Keep the card. There is no guarantee if you reapply you'll get some thing better. Also if you reapply you'll take a new account ding. My advice keep the card and see what future brings.

Message 2 of 4
wiilbur
Established Member

I Dumped all HSBC products, as well as Merrick and Crap 1,  None of those companies do anything but rob you with a fee structure that is way too high and cli  that never seem to arrive.  They will continue their predatory practices until consumers stop doing business with them!

Starting Score: EQ623 TU 632 EX ??
Current Score: EQ 688 TU707 EX (fakko)703
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
smc733
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, Wilbur, they're the only way to get great financing at Best Buy (and their Program A account gives awesome CLIs).

Ok, Concorduser, I will hang on to it.  I'll try calling in at 6 months and seeing what happens, but I'll hang on to it, if after 2 years it still doesn't convert, I'll look into my alternatives.  (Surely when they see no accounts with CLs less than 5k, they'll decide to bump me from 600).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.