Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Sucks

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

HSBC Sucks

HSBC closed my account, Letter says Derotgatory Public Record or Collection. I have 2 judgement that will come off next year and no collections. These judgements were on there when I got the card. I called and they told me it was because I hadn't used the card in 6 months. Why would the letter say something different. This company is odd. It was only for $2500 but still it was like a slap in the face. I have another HSBC card that has a $3800 limit that I don't really use either. I have had these for a few years and I never got an increase, can't change to a points card, whats the point of having them. My scores now are exp 689 eq 696 and tu 740 If I was applying for a new card, who pulls TU? That would be my best bet.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Sucks

@PRILEY wrote:
HSBC closed my account, Letter says Derotgatory Public Record or Collection. I have 2 judgement that will come off next year and no collections. These judgements were on there when I got the card. I called and they told me it was because I hadn't used the card in 6 months. Why would the letter say something different. This company is odd. It was only for $2500 but still it was like a slap in the face. I have another HSBC card that has a $3800 limit that I don't really use either. I have had these for a few years and I never got an increase, can't change to a points card, whats the point of having them. My scores now are exp 689 eq 696 and tu 740 If I was applying for a new card, who pulls TU? That would be my best bet.

I think it depends on where you're located. 

Chase pulled TU for me, but I heard that they almost exclusively, YMMV, pull TU for the midwest, where I'm located, and that they pull others for different areas of the country.  

I'm not sure how they'll react to the two judgements, though.   Although I'm sure others will have a better idea.

Message 2 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@PRILEY wrote:

It has been widely noted here that you must use an HSBC issued card at least every second or third month to avoid closure. They are very quick to close for account inactivity and if your account is closed they will not reopen without an app. I recommend you use your other HSBC card soon so it is not closed, too.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl and I seem to agree on this one... I was warned when I first opened my HSBC/Orchard card that they like to see activity. Use the other one before they yank it as well. Put something small each month on it, like go to McDonalds (or some other place) for lunch.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
jmbfl and I seem to agree on this one... I was warned when I first opened my HSBC/Orchard card that they like to see activity. Use the other one before they yank it as well. Put something small each month on it, like go to McDonalds (or some other place) for lunch.

That's true, I've been very careful with my HSBC and my BB cards because I don't want them to close.  I'd prefer to keep BB, but don't want to lose either.  

Once I am out of CC debt: 2/6/09, I'm going to put a Netflix subscription on the HSBC card so I no longer have to worry about it closing for inactivity.

Message 5 of 7
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Anyone have any experience with the HSBC retail cards? Do they close fast for inactivity?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have best buy and have left it sit for months without use. The only thing they did was a CLD a few months ago but a couple weeks gave me a CLI.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.