Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Update

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

HSBC Update

I paid off my Orchard cc on 3/4th.  The balance on my last statement (Jan. 23- Feb. 20th) was $400.15 due on March 17th.  Now I've been patiently waiting for the 0 balance to update on my cr.  Can anyone help me figure out when this will post.  No new statement has been cut for Feb-March & I'm wondering if one will be cut.  Online it shows my last statement balance @ $-0.01 & the statement date is 3/23.  So, I'm not sure what gives.  Will they not send something out if the payment is zero & when will it post to my cr.  I want to cancel this card but I want to wait until the zero balance reports.  Can someone help me figure this out, I just want to get rid of this card for once & for all & their annual fee.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Update

I didn't have any problem with HSBC Orchard when I paid it down to zero and then closed it.

However, there have been reports from others that HSBC is slow to report a paid down account.

In my case, I copied (you can do a print screen or a PDF) the web page that showed my balance was zero.

Then I closed my account and also did a print scren or a PDF of the web page showing the account was closed.

Then I followed the account for several months to make sure there were no surprises. (There weren't).

Hope that's helpful!  And congrats on being able to close a rebuilder card with an AF!   (although Orchard is my favorite in that category)

Message 2 of 5
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Hi there.  Orchard reports the last day of the month.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

I have found this to be true.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@92235 wrote:

@ficofox wrote:

I have found this to be true.

True.  They report your balance as of the last (business) day of the month.

But they don't report it for several days.  It doesn't show up on your CR's until about the seventh of the following month.  Usually shows up on Exp about the 7th, followed by Eq, with TU trailing behind - sometimes as late as the 14th.

But you don't have to wait for the 0 balance to show up on your CR's to close the account.  As long as the account is zero balance, you're good to close.  Just document it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.