New Contributor
zro30

HSBC Vs. Household Reporting

Hello,

I was curious to see if anyone else has seen HSBC report as Household on the CRs?  I have a recently opened HSCB acct. that originally reported to EQ as HSBC, but is now showing as Household?

I know HSBC bought Household some time ago, but is it unusual for the name of the bank to change in terms of the reporting?

Thanks!

Established Contributor

Re: HSBC Vs. Household Reporting

zro30 wrote:

I know HSBC bought Household some time ago, but is it unusual for the name of the bank to change in terms of the reporting?

Thanks!

Maybe Household being, an American financial entity, qualifies for free American taxpayer money which will be sent across the pond to the parent company in the UK.

If that is the case, I thought we already fought a war over sending tax revenue to England without taxpayer authorization, I thought we won that war. 

New Visitor
danshep

I have had accounts with HSBC and Household Bank and they were listed as such on my credit report as of last year. I am not sure what the practices have become now.
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Mine is listed as Household also.
Established Contributor
Pappy214

CreditAble wrote:

If that is the case, I thought we already fought a war over sending tax revenue to England without taxpayer authorization, I thought we won that war. 

We won both wars against them actually. They came back for another a$$ whoopin in 1812.  

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Yes we won both and whooped them twice but aren't they our biggest chum now? Too bad memories fade and people forget their mortal enemies and now consider them their biggest and foremost ally. Oh well, bygones I guess.

As to the OP's original question, my Household bank card is reporting as household but my HSBC original card is being reported as HSBC, but that is a report that is 3 weeks old, so not sure if it is still doing that. Hope that helps.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+