Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC - What the heck?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I dislike HSBC

@Anonymous wrote:

I used my regular street address.  I only applied b/c I don't have a master card and thought it would nicely round out my credit portfolio (auto, home, visas, store card).  I HATES Amex so I thought this was a good compromise.  Now I'm smacked with the stupid inquiry for a card I was never going to get.  If they denied me for credit worthiness reasons, I could accept it and go on, but since they say I'm outside the service area, it really, really steams me.  As if their stupid computer didn't know I was outside the area when they preapproved me? 

UGH!!

I sent a PM to you about the other thread with the person who had this happen. They are waiting on a letter, but hopefully they will update to see what the issue is. What is weird is the wife applied and was approved. Husband then applied and got the out of service area, and he used the same address as his wife.
Message 11 of 12
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: I dislike HSBC

HSBC is loathsome! They just RJ'ed my Direct Merchants Bank MC to 27.99% for no reason. I called them yesterday and demanded an explaination. It is in the mail to me and I can't wait. I told them to make sure it included information regarding where I may address my response, as I intend to rebut each and every one of their feeble excuses. I told the "account manager" exactly what I intend to do if they do not fix this: SD the card (it already is), never use HSBC for anything ever in the future and run them down to everyone else that will listen. We'll see.

(Account 8 years old - never late - never over limit - all FICO's over 710 - only baddie on report = 4 year old lates. Previously RJ'ed w/o cause. They should be CLI and APR reducing not this crap.)

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.