Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC allows CLI again starting today

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC allows CLI again starting today

Thanks for that number... she may have had better english and she made sure to tell me she was a "senior credit analyst AND a floor supervisor" she still repeated herself and still sounded like she was reading from a script.

Nothing ruins my day more by being talked down to by a HSBC Rep that says with my profile I don't qualify for more than $600.  As typical she said well maybe you should call Equifax because we are seeing things that won't allow more credit.  I pulled up my Fico EQ from last week and went through things and she just kept saying that's not what I'm seeing, maybe you should get a new report... I had to hang up on her because I wanted to tell her to close it SO BAD.

I'm even more super mad about the hard inq.

Message 21 of 28
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I just ask for specifics..."what exactly do you see that prevents me from qualifying for a higher limit?" and I let them know I have a live copy of my report in front of me. Go over your report and make your case. I have done that and have always been successful. Good luck.

Message 22 of 28
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

I've had my card for 1 1/2 years, $300 limit, never really going over 50% utilization and always paying in full on time. I called and requested an increase too and I got we will have to pull your CR ... then i got 7-10 business days I'll receive a letter. It's better than hearing a denial so i am hopeful.

It is kinda crap tho with their $74 annual fee

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so update on the 72 hour message that I got yesterday. I have yet to receive an email but I just checked my account and it has been increased from 400 to 2500 dollars. This card started at 100 dollars. WOW HSBC ! Shocked! edit - started a sep thread for this

Message 24 of 28
sonson
Regular Contributor

wow, I also asked for a CLI online and was approve for another 300.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 28
Adderal

Thank you for that telephone number, mxp114!

I called the credit department who said my type of account (RZMC Gold w/ AF) is not eligible for any credit limit increases under their current policy. She said my good credit didn't matter and I would have to re-apply. I couldn't help but laugh when she said that!

Message 26 of 28
lithium78
Established Contributor

"I called the credit department who said my type of account (RZMC Gold w/ AF) is not eligible for any credit limit increases under their current policy. She said my good credit didn't matter and I would have to re-apply. I couldn't help but laugh when she said that!"

I wish I had known that before I let them pull my CR.  I have a Gold w/ AF.  At this point, I think I'll just keep the card until the AF is due again and I'll cancel it, because I clearly won't be able to grow my credit with this card.  I'll conduct my business with somebody else.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 28
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your nice increase!!  Thats pretty amazing coming from HSBC.  I have had my HSBC card for over 4 years now and am considering either closing it or asking for a credit limit increase.  It was opemed with a 700 CL and was increased to 1350 over the first 2 years.  Its my smallest CL of 5 cards.  I have never missed ANY payment and credit is totally clear.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.