Super Contributor
marty56

HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

For those who are wondering about HSBC and credit problems, I got apporved for a Furniture Row store card which I intend to use a Denver Matress since the offered 26 months interest free.

I had 2 HSBC products in DMP and I still have a major derog on my CR.  Even with my current FICO scores, I honestly thought they would turn me down because of the DMP and the derog.

Believe it or not, I was shaking when I did the online app since I didnt want the embarrassment of being rejected in front of the sales person.

I didnt really want to post this but I did so in case there is someone else wondering about applying with HSBC who had past problems with them.

I also thought of the lost FICO points from the INQ and new account but that fadded when I was approved and realized that this account would serve a usefull purpose for me.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

Re: HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

I admire your courage in facing down your fear of the in-store app, and for sharing this story for the benefit of others.

Congratulations (on all counts)! 

Frequent Contributor
charliebrown1370

Congratulations Marty!

Thanks for sharing your story.

CB

Starting Score: EQ 618 TU 585
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 698 EX 681 (lender pull 04/2010)
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Believe it or not, I was shaking when I did the online app since I didnt want the embarrassment of being rejected in front of the sales person.

I've stood in those same shoes. It's not a good feeling.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}