Super Contributor

HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

For those who are wondering about HSBC and credit problems, I got apporved for a Furniture Row store card which I intend to use a Denver Matress since the offered 26 months interest free.

I had 2 HSBC products in DMP and I still have a major derog on my CR.  Even with my current FICO scores, I honestly thought they would turn me down because of the DMP and the derog.

Believe it or not, I was shaking when I did the online app since I didnt want the embarrassment of being rejected in front of the sales person.

I didnt really want to post this but I did so in case there is someone else wondering about applying with HSBC who had past problems with them.

I also thought of the lost FICO points from the INQ and new account but that fadded when I was approved and realized that this account would serve a usefull purpose for me.

11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC and DMP and Major Derog

I admire your courage in facing down your fear of the in-store app, and for sharing this story for the benefit of others.

Congratulations (on all counts)! 

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations Marty!

Thanks for sharing your story.

CB

Starting Score: EQ 618 TU 585
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 698 EX 681 (lender pull 04/2010)
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Believe it or not, I was shaking when I did the online app since I didnt want the embarrassment of being rejected in front of the sales person.

I've stood in those same shoes. It's not a good feeling.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.