cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC and their Best Buy Card Stinks!!!

tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC and their Best Buy Card Stinks!!!

iwantbettercredit - how about writing to HSBC's CEO/President?  Very often times, the head honchos have no clue how their cheifs are running things (and very often they do).  I had a very bad experience with a DishNetwork Customer Service Rep.  So bad I cancelled my service on the spot.  I wrote my letter (which as Ulan suggested, I should've waited because my words poured my anger right off the page) to the Pres. of Dish in which I relayed the whole story and informed him I was going to DirectTv.  I received a very nice letter from him 3 days later, apologizing, thanking me for bringing the matter to my attention, stated he listend to the recorded phone call between the rep and me and was appalled.  Customers are the most important priority, yadda yadda.  Anyways.  I received one year free standard Dish service (with no reconnection fees).  Sometimes the letter gets things off your chest, and sometimes it gets someone off their a_s. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I write letters like that, I let them sit at least another day before I send them out. Then my immediate anger is gone, and I can assess a bit less emotionally what is the best course of action for myself. Most of the time, I don't send that letter. There are other ways to take at least some recourse.

I kinda do the same, only after letting that letter sit a day; I reread it and then tear it to shreds and write another. Usually in pen so I can rip the paper as I write and scratch-out one expletive to replace it with another more vile. I find that red ink helps me express my innermost feelings and death threats to the reader's household pets calm my soul.

Yeppers, It's a good system, I like it. Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeppers, It's a good system, I like it. Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy I bet you do Smiley Wink.

Message 33 of 40
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your input, and you are all right.  When angry I always write letters, mailing them out is usually a different story as by that time I am over the initial "I want destroy them" Feeling.   I just want to be done with HSBC now.  Initally they helped me to re-establish and I am thankful for that.  However, I believe HSBC thinks that just because you where in a rut and needed them once to re-establish that you will always be in a rut and never be able to better yourself, therefore, they treat you like you need them to survive and they be-little you by making you think you are not good enough for better credit.   A credit score was never meant to imply that just because someone has an 800+ credit score, and I have a 700 that I am less of an individual and therefore not worthy of trying to achieve a better life for whatever reason.  It was meant to determine the cost and amount of material items that one person can purchase on time based on your income and ability to pay it back.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 34 of 40
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Though every one is unhappy with HSBC and understandable, I wonder how does BestBuy would feel being associated with a Bank like HSBC and how much their customers hate the bank they have to deal with. I am curious if BestBuy would consider changing their credit issuing bank to a different bank.
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concord-  You'd think!!  Then again, who would they go to that isn't doing the same thing?  GE Money?  Citi?  It appears their options are limited... like ours.  Remember the Golden Rule:  "He who has the gold, makes the rules.".  I'm sure a year ago, BB would've already had a new financing liason being set up.... and they still may, but I doubt it.  My limit with BB was cut to $1,000 during this purge, but I'm sure HSBC would still finance a $3,000 big screen for me.  They likely are just wanting to get a current view of my credit situation before taking the leap.  Based on what I've read in these threads however, I think I'll just shop elsewhere and take my chances.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC and BestBuy. Two biggest rip off it each or their games.
Message 37 of 40
Established Contributor

concorduser wrote:

I am curious if BestBuy would consider

changing their credit issuing bank to a different bank.

Best Buy obviously makes a lot of money with HSBC.

Best Buy probably makes at least an "origination" fee or commission upon approval of the Master Cards. That would be one reason to bluntly notify consumers that the store card will never have a higher credit limit. Furthermore Best Buy might even receive an ongoing percentage of merchant fees and interest generated by the MC. Best Buy could be making far more from credit card charges made outside the store than it is making on its store card that can only be used for store purchases.

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i have their card. its awful. they separate every little purchase and pay down the tiny baby ones first then let your interest build up on the same as cash ones in tiny print then all of a sudden they tell you after the 2 years are almost up on your "special purchase" you have 2 mo to pay the whole rest off or else it all goes on! so i paid the remaining 400$ from my washer a dryer right before the almost 350$ in interest went on. Also i started with a 2000$ limit and everytime i pay down they cut my limit. its down to 1005$ and now i only owe 300 so im waiting for them to cut it again. i dont really care they can go ahead and close it for all i care.
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwantbettercredit wrote:
They are such jerks over there!!! I got a whopping $300.00 Gold Mastercard, wow maybe I can go to white castles and buy some burgers with it!!!

My fiance got the same thing. He cancelled it right on the phone with the woman. It never even showed up on his credit report. Maybe you'll get that lucky also!

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.