Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC announced capital one purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC announced capital one purchase

I logged into HSBC tonight and they are stating capital one is purchasing them. I have the orchard bank credit card since 2007 and was wondering if this means capital one will be able to see my awesome payment history, I've never been with a credit card where a merger took place?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC announced capital one purchase

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into HSBC tonight and they are stating capital one is purchasing them. I have the orchard bank credit card since 2007 and was wondering if this means capital one will be able to see my awesome payment history, I've never been with a credit card where a merger took place?

Yes, but probably not until they take it over next year/

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm it makes me wonder if that might help when I go after the venture card next year?

Message 3 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hmmm it makes me wonder if that might help when I go after the venture card next year?

It might.  I would wait until after the merger.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hope I can get another CLI in before Capital One takes over my Best Buy card. I really hope Best Buy looks for another bank to handle there store card because Capital One is the worst as far as granting CLI

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.