Regular Contributor
thebostonredsox

HSBC approves CLI

Just wanted to chime in about HSBC. Even during the credit crunch we're in, some lenders still reward good customers. I have 2 cards with HSBC, one was obtained years ago when my FICO was not that great. The second one I got earlier this year. My first card gets auto CLI's every 6-9 months (the last one was in SEP08) - usually only $200 but no hard pull!

I did not receive any auto CLI's on the newer card so I decided to call today. They gave me a CLI of $250 immediately. Granted these are small CLI's, but HSBC is not famous for large increases. So now my total CL's for both cards is $4100. Not bad for HSBC.

I have since obtained tier 1 cards from BOA, Discover and Chase, but HSBC is my oldest card. It will be interesting to see if I get any CLD's now that the financial markets have crashed. So far, none to report. In fact, BOA just gave me a CLI of $2500 three weeks ago, shortly before the wild week on Wall Street. Maybe my timing was lucky - had I tried after the crash I may not have been as lucky!!

Established Member
BBQGlazedSeabass

Re: HSBC approves CLI

Good news for you! HSBC denied my request despite no baddies in years. Looks like it will truly be a sock drawer card now as soon as I PIF!
Can't even get a loaf of bread on credit...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}