New Visitor
Thurston

Re: HSBC MasterCard

javajunkie wrote:
So HSBC is not a good credit card to get? I was approved for a credit card through them for a $300 limit at 8.9%.(or so they said) I don't have very good scores about in the 620-630 area and I need a CC. Was declined for Hooters.

I'm not saying that are not a good company.  Right now, I have good terms with them.  6.9% fixed with high enough credit limit to handle emergencies.  I also get reward points that I've used for cash back.  The reward checks come within about 2 weeks from the request date.

What I don't like is they denied a $11.00 transaction when I had been charging all day and one transaction was over $200.  There was nothing suspicious about the transaction of about $8 they were investigating from a few days prior.  There is a detailed story about the sequence of events, but the short version is that they have been these so-called security alerts and then use it as a scare tactic to buy the monitoring service.  I really dislike that.

I've only had one transaction that you would call suspicious because the merchant was foreign.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}