Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC card

Do Orchard Bank and BBRZ cards count toward any sort of limit? I have online banking accounts with HSBC and have for years, and when I log in I can apply for HSBC-branded CCs. I have a secured Orchard since 5/08, an Orchard Platinum since 11/09, a BBRZ since 3/10, and (for some masochistic reason) I would be interested in getting an HSBC card since the others have such low CLs. Should I apply since I have a perfect history on all cards? I also have a lot more money saved with Capital One (although they probably don't care) and recently got a Cap1 card which has already given me a CLI after 3 months. Should I wait a little longer and try for another Cap1 and sideline HSBC?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC card

@Anonymous wrote:
Do Orchard Bank and BBRZ cards count toward any sort of limit? I have online banking accounts with HSBC and have for years, and when I log in I can apply for HSBC-branded CCs. I have a secured Orchard since 5/08, an Orchard Platinum since 11/09, a BBRZ since 3/10, and (for some masochistic reason) I would be interested in getting an HSBC card since the others have such low CLs. Should I apply since I have a perfect history on all cards? I also have a lot more money saved with Capital One (although they probably don't care) and recently got a Cap1 card which has already given me a CLI after 3 months. Should I wait a little longer and try for another Cap1 and sideline HSBC?
IMO,  I would work toward 1 good HSBC branded card to replace the 3 HSBC products you have.  You might want to wait until  they are ready to unsecure the Orchard and you have a little more time on your newest cards. . 

Message 2 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Usually HSBC does not like combining their cards. It takes lot of talking with them to get it done. They prefer the AF on several cards vs one card with large CL. Talk to them and see what they say.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if they'll EVER unsecure the secured card. It's been almost 2-1/2 years and I've paid it and the other HSBC cards perfectly. Unfortunately, the secured card is the oldest account by 1-1/2 years and since my average account age is already under 1 year, I don't think closing it could help.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.