Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

HSBC cards?

Is HSBC still issuing any credit cards? I understand they sold their cards to Capital One. I noticed an HSBC inquiry on my credit report from July and assume it must have been a co-branded credit card, but I do not recall which one. I see on HSBC's website they have 3 credit cards offered for their bank clients only. Do they offer other cards though co-branding partners? Which ones are they?

Regular Contributor
asteroidblues86

Re: HSBC cards?

I found three. The HSBC Premier World Mastercard, Platinum Mastercard with cash or fly rewards, and platinum card. But it looks like you must be a banking client before you can apply for those.

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

ficojoe wrote:

Is HSBC still issuing any credit cards? I understand they sold their cards to Capital One. I noticed an HSBC inquiry on my credit report from July and assume it must have been a co-branded credit card, but I do not recall which one. I see on HSBC's website they have 3 credit cards offered for their bank clients only. Do they offer other cards though co-branding partners? Which ones are they?

All the store and co-branded cards went to Capital One.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

ficojoe wrote:

Is HSBC still issuing any credit cards? 

They are one of the biggest banks here in UK, the home of HSBC.  They issue lots of cards.

EQ:701 TU:745 EX:694
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $6.5k
Frequent Contributor
ficojoe

Wolf3 wrote:

ficojoe wrote:

All the store and co-branded cards went to Capital One.

Perhaps it is still early in the process? I cannot remember what I applied for, but HSBC pulled my credit for some reason.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+