Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC cards?

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

HSBC cards?

Is HSBC still issuing any credit cards? I understand they sold their cards to Capital One. I noticed an HSBC inquiry on my credit report from July and assume it must have been a co-branded credit card, but I do not recall which one. I see on HSBC's website they have 3 credit cards offered for their bank clients only. Do they offer other cards though co-branding partners? Which ones are they?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC cards?

I found three. The HSBC Premier World Mastercard, Platinum Mastercard with cash or fly rewards, and platinum card. But it looks like you must be a banking client before you can apply for those.

Message 2 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Is HSBC still issuing any credit cards? I understand they sold their cards to Capital One. I noticed an HSBC inquiry on my credit report from July and assume it must have been a co-branded credit card, but I do not recall which one. I see on HSBC's website they have 3 credit cards offered for their bank clients only. Do they offer other cards though co-branding partners? Which ones are they?

All the store and co-branded cards went to Capital One.

Message 3 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Is HSBC still issuing any credit cards? 

They are one of the biggest banks here in UK, the home of HSBC.  They issue lots of cards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 5
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

All the store and co-branded cards went to Capital One.

Perhaps it is still early in the process? I cannot remember what I applied for, but HSBC pulled my credit for some reason.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.