Did you mean: 

HSBC confuses me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC confuses me!

@LynetteM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HSBC confuses me too. A few times when I filled out their pre-qualification form they said that they can only approve me for a secured card..uh no thanks I have a Cap1 MC with a 5k CL and 7.6% interest, I am not one to need a damn secured card!! Then I apply and get approved for a BestBuy Rewardzone MC. Which I don't use. No annual fee, though.

Hi...you may be running into the new credit card rules that came into effect in February for those under 21. You said you are 19, right? Those rules really tightened up, and unless you can show sufficient income, they may require a cosigner. Credit card companies are a bit quirky right now because of the new law.

Also, are your scores FICO scores? I ask because consumers can't buy their Experian FICO any longer. You want to make sure you're looking at what the creditors are looking at.

My Equifax is a FICO but my Experian score is the Experian Plus Score (which isnt too far off, I applied for a mortgage a few months ago and my EX FICO was 679) but yeah can't get a home loan cuz im 19..damn laws lol

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.