Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC credit card app for recon

tag
alex65
Established Member

HSBC credit card app for recon

Hi Friends,

This is my first message on myFICO forum.I am having a very limited credit history and have already committed quite a few mistakes in the past to further damage it. Inspired by one of the messages posted somewhere in the forum I happened to call at HSBC backdoor number (HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst?)) just to try my luck for a recon of my online HSBC credit card application i applied for (on Sep 17) and was denied(after being pre-approved earlier), the number did not any option for a customer care representative, however i did select some option ( i guess 1) and as a response i heard something like this " ...we cannot approve your application..." .

My question is did this cost me another hard query? I already repent damaging my credit in the past and want to know if i have repeated it.

I have been learning a lot of things from this forum and want to express my heartiest congratulation to all of its member for making this forum a really practical source of knowledge for the needy like me. 

my experien score (FAKO, from TrueCredit) : 714

09/25/2009 - TU = 678 

09/23/2009 - EQ= 683 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DI
Super Contributor

Re: HSBC credit card app for recon

@alex65 wrote:

Hi Friends,

This is my first message on myFICO forum.I am having a very limited credit history and have already committed quite a few mistakes in the past to further damage it. Inspired by one of the messages posted somewhere in the forum I happened to call at HSBC backdoor number (HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst?)) just to try my luck for a recon of my online HSBC credit card application i applied for (on Sep 17) and was denied(after being pre-approved earlier), the number did not any option for a customer care representative, however i did select some option ( i guess 1) and as a response i heard something like this " ...we cannot approve your application..." .

My question is did this cost me another hard query? I already repent damaging my credit in the past and want to know if i have repeated it.

I have been learning a lot of things from this forum and want to express my heartiest congratulation to all of its member for making this forum a really practical source of knowledge for the needy like me. 

my experien score (FAKO, from TrueCredit) : 714

09/25/2009 - TU = 678 

09/23/2009 - EQ= 683 

Welcome to the forum.  When requesting a recon you will need to speak with a CSR.  Its not an automatic system.  What was the reason HSBC decline you?  I doubt if a second inquiry was made on your credit report.  That only happens if you submit a second application.  

Message 2 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Call during business hours and get a human on the telephone any way you can.
Message 3 of 9
alex65
Established Member

Thanks for your reply DI. I forgot to save the entire declined message, however it was something like this "...INSUFFICIENT CREDIT INFORMATION".

After being pre-approved by HSBC, I had no idea i was going to be declined. I wonder why do they do like this. 

Message 4 of 9
alex65
Established Member

Thanks creditwherecreditsdue. I would try again on weekdays.
Message 5 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

FYI - Many people are pre-approved by HSBC and their related entities and then declined upon actual app. Who knows why.
Message 6 of 9
alex65
Established Member

Wish i knew that. After repetitive denials earlier, I held myself for 100 days without applying anywhere for credit ( despite having just 1700 as ocerall CL from 4 cards)  and then tricked by this pre-approval from HSBC and ended-up applying. 

I guess i could only repent now.

Message 7 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You need to call and find out what the reason for you rejection was. There could be a lot of reasons - don't make any assumptions until you know exactly what is going on.
Message 8 of 9
alex65
Established Member

Yup. I am gonna call them tom. Thanks.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.