Established Member
alex65

HSBC credit card app for recon

Hi Friends,

This is my first message on myFICO forum.I am having a very limited credit history and have already committed quite a few mistakes in the past to further damage it. Inspired by one of the messages posted somewhere in the forum I happened to call at HSBC backdoor number (HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst?)) just to try my luck for a recon of my online HSBC credit card application i applied for (on Sep 17) and was denied(after being pre-approved earlier), the number did not any option for a customer care representative, however i did select some option ( i guess 1) and as a response i heard something like this " ...we cannot approve your application..." .

My question is did this cost me another hard query? I already repent damaging my credit in the past and want to know if i have repeated it.

I have been learning a lot of things from this forum and want to express my heartiest congratulation to all of its member for making this forum a really practical source of knowledge for the needy like me. 

my experien score (FAKO, from TrueCredit) : 714

09/25/2009 - TU = 678 

09/23/2009 - EQ= 683 

Super Contributor
DI

Re: HSBC credit card app for recon

alex65 wrote:

Hi Friends,

This is my first message on myFICO forum.I am having a very limited credit history and have already committed quite a few mistakes in the past to further damage it. Inspired by one of the messages posted somewhere in the forum I happened to call at HSBC backdoor number (HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst?)) just to try my luck for a recon of my online HSBC credit card application i applied for (on Sep 17) and was denied(after being pre-approved earlier), the number did not any option for a customer care representative, however i did select some option ( i guess 1) and as a response i heard something like this " ...we cannot approve your application..." .

My question is did this cost me another hard query? I already repent damaging my credit in the past and want to know if i have repeated it.

I have been learning a lot of things from this forum and want to express my heartiest congratulation to all of its member for making this forum a really practical source of knowledge for the needy like me. 

my experien score (FAKO, from TrueCredit) : 714

09/25/2009 - TU = 678 

09/23/2009 - EQ= 683 

Welcome to the forum.  When requesting a recon you will need to speak with a CSR.  Its not an automatic system.  What was the reason HSBC decline you?  I doubt if a second inquiry was made on your credit report.  That only happens if you submit a second application.  

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Call during business hours and get a human on the telephone any way you can.
Established Member
alex65

Thanks for your reply DI. I forgot to save the entire declined message, however it was something like this "...INSUFFICIENT CREDIT INFORMATION".

After being pre-approved by HSBC, I had no idea i was going to be declined. I wonder why do they do like this. 

Established Member
alex65

Thanks creditwherecreditsdue. I would try again on weekdays.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

FYI - Many people are pre-approved by HSBC and their related entities and then declined upon actual app. Who knows why.
Established Member
alex65

Wish i knew that. After repetitive denials earlier, I held myself for 100 days without applying anywhere for credit ( despite having just 1700 as ocerall CL from 4 cards)  and then tricked by this pre-approval from HSBC and ended-up applying. 

I guess i could only repent now.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

You need to call and find out what the reason for you rejection was. There could be a lot of reasons - don't make any assumptions until you know exactly what is going on.
Established Member
alex65

Yup. I am gonna call them tom. Thanks.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+