Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC credit cards

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

HSBC credit cards

Is the Request a credit line increase always listed on your online page?  I just noticed it.  Do they do a hard or soft pull?  I have only had the card for a couple months so I will wait a few months but I really want to know what others have had with this company.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC credit cards

I have the Saks mastercard and the request limit is not listed on my page. It was a hard pull for an increase btw. 
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 13
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

You can click it, it will say to contact a CSR, or it does on my webpage anyways.

I called them once for a CLI, and they gave it to me without a hard pull, but it was only 100 cli

Starting Score: 577 01/10/2010
Current Score: 660 07/06/2012
Goal Score: 720

Message 3 of 13
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Thank you for the information.  I guess its hit or miss concerning the credit line increase.  Again, I plan to wait until all updates are complete.  Its very frustrating that AMEX seems to be a month behind on correctly updating my information.  It would be really nice to have a cli on the $300 ,imit for HSBC

Message 4 of 13
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

Yea mine is 400 as of now, next month I am going to ask for at least a 300cli bringing the cl to 700, or I am dropping them. I have 4 other cards now, and don't necessarily need them, esp since they have an af of 96 on me.

Message 5 of 13
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@cajunboy2208 wrote:
Yea mine is 400 as of now, next month I am going to ask for at least a 300cli bringing the cl to 700, or I am dropping them. I have 4 other cards now, and don't necessarily need them, esp since they have an af of 96 on me.

My annual fee is $59.  not happy but for now I will take what I can get.  Good luck with you cli request.

Message 6 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@cajunboy2208 wrote:

Why not ask for $3000 since you will drop them if they do not give you a CLI?  Go out with a bang!  

Message 7 of 13
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

@DI wrote:

@cajunboy2208 wrote:

Why not ask for $3000 since you will drop them if they do not give you a CLI?  Go out with a bang!  

Because I am trying to at least get it.

I don't think anyone with HSBC has more than a 1500 cl. Or that I have seen in here anyways.

Message 8 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@cajunboy2208 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@cajunboy2208 wrote:

Because I am trying to at least get it.

I don't think anyone with HSBC has more than a 1500 cl. Or that I have seen in here anyways.

They can counter offer.    If the account isn't your oldest, you should definately drop them since you pay an AF.  Close the account when you have a zero balance reporting on all your cards.  

Message 9 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

so if it IS the oldest card, you should keep it & just pay the fee?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.