j17brown

HSBC has no record of my account. Good Thing?

I have a 120+ day late payment from a former HSBC card on my credit report from about 4 years ago. I called HSBC card services to see about paying it and hopefully getting it removed from my report. The lady on the phone told me that she could not find anything in their system after giving her my SSN. She then told me to fax a copy of the credit report with my phone #, address, and action that I want them to take.

Does this mean that if I fax them and tell them to remove the late payment they will have to do it because they have no record? Please let me know if anyone has some insight into this...

Thanks!

Senior Contributor
john398

Re: HSBC has no record of my account. Good Thing?

They may have the info in an offline archive system....good luck though

Valued Member
Treysdaddy08

It's most likely a good thing. I just went through this with another CRA. Still disputing on TU, but had it removed from the other two. I would suggest disputing, stating that the account isnt yours and the OC had no record of it.

Starting Score: 2/2/12 - 551
Current Score: 3/18/12 - 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
j17brown

Ok thanks. Just disputed through Equifax. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

j17brown

SUCCESS!!

Just received my dispute results from Experian. DELETED!! 

My score jumped almost 100 pts!!!

Still waiting on Equifax and TU.

Frequent Contributor
Juss11

Was it a charge off? Wow 100 points jump? Is that from fico? I had a $5,000 from Arrow Ca and only seen about 40 points gain.

j17brown

It was 120+ days late and listed as closed. The score I got was from the Experian website and was the last negative mark on my report which may be why it was so drastic.

Established Contributor
jimbo831

j17brown wrote:

It was 120+ days late and listed as closed. The score I got was from the Experian website and was the last negative mark on my report which may be why it was so drastic.

This is definitely true.  After getting rid of the last baddie, you were re-bucketed.  This opens your score ceiling WAY up.  Congrats on the success and huge boost!

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}