Regular Contributor
ozgirl

HSBC in the US---very different from HSBC in other countries!

I thought I would throw this out here (forgive me if it is the wrong forum) HSBC is a well respected bank that treats its customers well (especially credit card customers) in the other countries I live/have lived in (Hong Kong and Australia) I just can't figure out why they are so unpleasant to deal with here in the US. Luckily my credit in Hong Kong is Excellent and so I am treated well. Still, even when I first established myself in Hong Kong, HSBC was great with generous trade lines etc... here they act like you are going to rob them blind with a $300 credit limit on an Orchard Card....hmmm
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: HSBC in the US---very different from HSBC in other countries!

ozgirl wrote:
 here they act like you are going to rob them blind with a $300 credit limit on an Orchard Card....hmmm

lol maybe the bank has had bad luck with US residents.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
kball64

I have read so many bad things about HSBC here in these forums.  I've had my Plat MC with them for 3 mths now and am very pleased so far with the level of service I am receiving.  They gave me a 2% cashback rewards card with no AF and a $1500 CL.  I use the card for all of my day to day expenses and just redeemed my first $25 in cash rewards.  Their fraud dept has even called me a couple of times to verify some charges to make sure they were mine.  So far I'm happy as can  be with them.  They gave me a chance with a nice CL and no AF and I plan to treat it well.  I've certainly been working the heck out of it.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

mjbfan79 wrote:

ozgirl wrote:
 here they act like you are going to rob them blind with a $300 credit limit on an Orchard Card....hmmm

lol maybe the bank has had bad luck with US residents.

I believe that they actually bought out a massive subprime bank here in the US (don't remember who) several years ago. I believe the bank probably stayed the same while the name changed.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+