Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC is CRAZY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is CRAZY

I made a payment on their site on tuesday for $3800 and it shows up as a HOLD in my pending transactions.  I called them up to complain and I was told that it is normal practice to have HOLDS put on large payments. I told the guy that it is NOT a large payment. I pay BofA 5 times that and they never hold anything.

Anyway I also complained about my CL being at the original $12,000 with no increases. He told me he will put in for a CLI and in a few seconds he told me that the CL was now $18,500.

They dont trust my payments yet they issue me a CLI this bank is CRAZY.  And by the way my card is a GM Flex card  (not that I will ever buy a GM car)Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC is CRAZY

My last GM car I had for about 2 months, I put it in reverse and the steering wheel fell off in my lap. That was my new 1988 Cadillac, and it was my last GM carSmiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 8
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 4 of 8
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Yeah, they do that. I have hated them doing it to me because it annoys me that you trust me to give me the CL but not to take my money to pay for it? I mean geez after 6 years you'd think they would know you are good for it when you make a payment. I was told it happens when the payment amount is too large or too many quick payments back to back, to me its just an excuse. They have done it to me like 4 times. So now I just make a bunch of 1k payments every other week or something and it keeps them away from it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They held my $170 dollar payment so dont feel too bad lol. Because it was more than I usually pay.. wtf? lol
Message 6 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your CLI...
Message 7 of 8
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They held my $170 dollar payment so dont feel too bad lol. Because it was more than I usually pay.. wtf? lol

Wow, that's just absurd. Sorry, my lowest payment that they held was $1500 and I still thought they were full of it when they said it was because it was more than my usual payment. But $170, that's is just absurd, agreed, wtf.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.