Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC just won't give up lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC just won't give up lol

I paid my account yesterday, and checked it today to see they were holding my payment for a week, even though the money came out of my checking account.

i called to ask for it to be released and the csr said it wouldn't be until monday. so i said screw this, please cancel my card...

so she says 'what if i released your credit and gave you 2% rewards' woudl you reconsider not canceling...

well.. needless to say now i have a card with 2% cash back and 300 CL so if i max it out every month and pif i can get 72 of my 96AF back lol.... and the hold was taken off the payment..

what a funny company.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC just won't give up lol

Congrats.  HSBC has a 2% reward card?  Wow, never heard of that.  Is that intro period or for only certain purchases? 

I have a CapOne Pro Ultra with 2%, but is ultra prime card and cost $39 AF.

As for holding "cash payments" for unreasonable time, I can totally understand that....been having that same issue with a card.  Smiley Mad

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-28-2009 01:14 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

she added to my orchard.. and it goes towards any purchase, and has a $400/Year limit.. i guess max out PIF 6-7 times a month to do that with 300 limit lol...  and no expiration, but they can remove it when they for any reason they can pull out of their rears.

I pay 96AF cause i had a 537 or 539 fico when they approved me.

edit: its the 2% cash back program available with the HHB card

Message Edited by ziggytx on 07-28-2009 01:30 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

she added to my orchard.. and it goes towards any purchase, and has a $400/Year limit.. i guess max out PIF 6-7 times a month to do that with 300 limit lol...  and no expiration, but they can remove it when they for any reason they can pull out of their rears

I pay 96AF cause i had a 537 or 539 fico when they approved me.

Well, I'll be.  So now you can make $400 per year in rewards if you can manage to charge $20,000 per year on a $300 CL.  LOL.  Let's see, if you max then pay your card 1x per week, that means you could possibly run $15,600.

LOL.  Of course I'm kidding.  But you could easily offset any AF or fees with the reward.  2% discount is a 2% discount.  Congrats and hopefully you get a CLI someday.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Lyythine
Established Contributor

TxJohn,

HSBC has always had a 2% cash back program, ive had it on 2 of my cards for 4 or 5 years.  

Also, it might be worth mentioning that their programs are interchangeable, that is:  

I have their Weekender card, but I like the rewards on their eco-smart card, I can add the different features to my Weekender card even though they dont publish that information, which is what I have done in the past.

Just thought I would throw that out there since we were kind of on the topic...  Ive always liked HSBC, if you are persistent enough,  they will eventually give in. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.