Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC lost card now no longer on report?

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

HSBC lost card now no longer on report?

I am pretty sure I have this on the board before.  I reported my card lost recently and now it reports as a 0 balance with closed or paid account as the listing.  The card isn't closed and it has a balance.  Why does this happen? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC lost card now no longer on report?

I am not sure but I am pretty sure if you call the credit analyst line they are pretty friendly and seem happy to help whenb ever I call, its on the backdoor link

or here it is

HSBC: 866-551-0258 (Credit Analyst)

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my wife lost her wallet and two HSBC cards what they did was "close" the two lost cards and reported them as closed/paid zero balance and then they added two NEW accounts to her reports.  Same open dates and what not just the last four numbers of the account are different.  She's tried disputing them as duplicates but has had no luck.  I will say that they are scehduled to fall off her reports 2 years from the date of the reported loss. 

Message 3 of 6
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

WOW!  That's crazy and inappropriate.  I can't believe it reports as a "new account"  Barclay's is probably not going to like seeing that after I just got the  Apple card.  Not happy about that at all.  Did they CRA tell her why they can't remove it?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

She wasn't happy about it at all.  The CSR was not very helpful.  Basically said that's the way they report "lost or stolen cards".  And it is coded differently because they are slated to fall off 2 years after the close date instead of the 10+ years accounts normally stay on.  The old cards have "lost or stolen card" in the remarks section.  But she went from two HSBC accounts to FOUR because of it.  She tried gettting HSBC to delete the accounts and they were useless.  Said they were reporting accurately. 

ETA:  It's funny how they report too.  They have the same open dates reported, the same limits, same high balance.  One was opened in 2005 and the other in 2006.  The old account stop reporting history when she called and reported them lost.  The new accounts with the slight change in account numbers start reporting the history the very next month.  CLEARLY the same account, but they won't remove them. 

Message 5 of 6
thrifty82
Valued Member

hmmmm,

I have the same exact problem. My card was lost and I was issued a new one and now I have two Orchard CC's listed on my credit reports. I emailed them about it and I will update if I hear anything back.

Oct, 2011 FICO 637
March, 2012 FICO 662
Goal:750
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.