cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC needs to stop hocking their crappy services!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC needs to stop hocking their crappy services!

When I applied over the phone with my pre-approval offer the CSR kept harrassing me with offers for Account Protector and Car Loan nonsense and rambling on and on and on...and that I was like, "no thanks, I'm nineteen, I don't need my card protected."

Rep: "But sir, you know, anything could happen, you know this really is a good service."
Me: I'm sure it really is, however, I don't care.  I could understand if I had a legacy to protect from collectors...but I don't even have plans of having kids in the near future.
Rep: But it's only 44 cents for every hundred dollars.
Me: Yes, but that's 44 cents I could be donating to my savings account or Britney Spear's poor kids.
Rep: Do you have a car loan?"
Me: Sure.
Rep: Did you know we offer competitive rates in regards to our Car...
Me: -interrupts- I don't care what you offer, I'm not buying in of your crap.
Rep: But we could save you money in the long run, it really is worh th-
Me: -interrupts- I don't care, I don't care, stop hocking this crap, I don't want it.  I have a bajillion cards and I don't need this stuff.
Rep: That's perfectly fine if you want Account Protector, I can send you something in the mail, you can cancel it in thirty days if you are not completely satifisfied.
Me: For the love of god, are you reading off a script?  I'm not an audience, I'm a person, stop this, just send me a card already!
Rep: and if you change your mind about the car offer, you can -
Me: Please...Can I have my card?
Rep: Have you decided on the design?
Me: Um...what would you recommend?
Rep: A lot of people take the one with the puppy.
Me: I love puppies, I'll take that!
Rep: -laughs- okay sir now I have it all set up for you...

That was pretty much the highlight.

Then I called back to give them my new address yesterday and get my card sent out to me they kept trying to hock stuff to me and I told them I've heard it all before and I'm not buyin'!

Anybody else harrassed like this?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC needs to stop hocking their crappy services!

Not so much harrassed, but irritated cuz I told Chase like three times I didn't want their identity protection- and then one month was charged for it w/ no approval from me. However, in the meanwhile it is kinda worth it- I am notified in writing if anything changes on any of my credit reports. I was miffed that they just added it w/o me agreeing- yet like I said it actually is working well as it is mailed to me direct, I don't have to go online and pull it myself-so I've kind of warmed up to it.

I might cancel it if I get tired of it.
Message 2 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Hmmm HSBC, Chase... add WaMu to this.  Completely irritating.

netpanther what would have happened if you didn't really use that card so you didn't check your bill?  Sears did that to me a while back and took me to collections for it... that was back in the age of paper-only bills.

Next time someone keeps script-reading products to pressuring me into, I'm going to ask them where they live and what they are wearing.

That'll learn 'em.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:
Hmmm HSBC, Chase... add WaMu to this.  Completely irritating.

netpanther what would have happened if you didn't really use that card so you didn't check your bill?  Sears did that to me a while back and took me to collections for it... that was back in the age of paper-only bills.

Next time someone keeps script-reading products to pressuring me into, I'm going to ask them where they live and what they are wearing.

That'll learn 'em.

lmao! I'm so glad I'm not alone.  I thought I just had a target on my credit score that read "SUCKER!"
Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There was a new poster on another thread who is a CSR for Chase cards, or will be until this Friday. S/he quit over being forced to cram offers down victims' --er, customers'-- throats. I always feel sorry for the employees. That's got to be the indoors equivalent of working the McDonald's order window.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that must suck, having to read the script over & over every day. Wonder if they get a small bonus or commission from any takers?

About a month ago I was on the phone with them & getting the never-ending spiel. I got so frustrated that I said 'OK, send it to me', thinking I'd just cancel right away. Well, the material has not yet arrived & there have been no charges posted to my account, but I'm keeping a close eye on it.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
There was a new poster on another thread who is a CSR for Chase cards, or will be until this Friday. S/he quit over being forced to cram offers down victims' --er, customers'-- throats. I always feel sorry for the employees. That's got to be the indoors equivalent of working the McDonald's order window.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually don't mind Chase that much.  Maybe it's because I have a special place in my heart for them because they took a chance on a kid.  My first CC! woohoo!

But drive-thru at Mickey D's?  I worked at Mickey D's when I was 16...I liked the drive thru...they called it "working in the hole."  lmao

Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DS's first job was "meat chef" at Mickey D's. Every night when he staggered home, the cats would sniff him over for a half hour. D-1st-D's first job was the Mickey D's sole window--that was ordering AND paying AND pulling the drinks AND handing over the food. She's the shy one, and she was a basket case after a week. (Stuck it out, though.) D-2nd-D took notes and got a job at Smoothie King.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 12
SJP57
Established Member

HSBC Mastercard took a chance on me less than 2 years ago with a measly 300 CL and a 59$ annual fee.  I got this years af waived, but the cl is still only 900...waiting for the auto CLI end of december to a whopping 1100..lol...They will have a place in my heart...(until they inc apr or dont graduate me to something better)

Starting Score: 586
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
jaybee
Valued Contributor

SJP

After two years at other cards you wuold have BEEN upgraded. I have a Plat Visa with them (2 yrs, perfect history) and still am receiving 200 CLI every 6 months. I have had one card for 6 months and have been increased 3x's the limit. HSBC had a place in my heart until I realized they do not grow with you at all.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.