Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC online payment takes forever!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC online payment takes forever!

I made a payment of $52.10 on March 18th to my Household Bank Credit Card. It's the 25th and it is STILL pending on my account even though the money has already been deducted from my bank account.

WTH!!!!

Anyone else have this problem with them?

I have capital one and my payments post WAY faster than this.

I wanted to have this card PIF before my statement comes but with the payments taking forever like that who knows!!!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC online payment takes forever!

DW has an HSBC CC and she never had any problems; it usually clears within a day or two. I have Orchard secured, on the other hand, and starting in January, my payments have been a bit funky. If I make a payment of $100, for example, that $100 is taken out of my acct without fail but they only post $1 and they charge my available balance $99. Then it stays that way for 2 weeks! Maybe I need to make 100 one dollar payments.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never had a problem with any of my HSBC account pmts (have Orchard, HSBC, and DMB Discover).  Post 24-48 hours. You may want to make sure you input your checking account information correctly.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made 2 payments before and they posted in about 2 days. I don't know why this payment is still pending when it was already taken out of my bank account a few days ago.

I called the rep and he said it could take up to 14 days for a payment to post. I was like WOW but you guys already took the money out of my account!! That's ridiculous!!

Anyways, I hope it posts soon. I don't want to pay any interest!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

laniepr787 wrote:
I have made 2 payments before and they posted in about 2 days. I don't know why this payment is still pending when it was already taken out of my bank account a few days ago.

I called the rep and he said it could take up to 14 days for a payment to post. I was like WOW but you guys already took the money out of my account!! That's ridiculous!!

Anyways, I hope it posts soon. I don't want to pay any interest!

It's important to make the distinction between the time a payment posts against the current balance and the time the payment is reflected in your available credit.  All CCCs are required to post a payment against the current balance on the same day they receive the funds.  There is, however, no such requirement that the available credit needs to reflect the payment in a timely manner.

Many subprime issuers tend to delay releasing available credit for several days after a payment is made.  The payment should, however, be reflected in the current balance within a day or so of the funds being withdrawn.

Also keep in mind that many purchases require preauthorizations to be placed on your card, which may not be released until well after the final purchase amount has been posted to the account and possibly even after the balance has been paid in full.  This will affect the amount of available credit you have at any given time, as well.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does that mean that the payment may have posted but it's just not reflecting on my available credit?

I'm just so used to having my payment post and reflect on my available credit that I start freaking out a little bit!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

laniepr787 wrote:
So does that mean that the payment may have posted but it's just not reflecting on my available credit?

I'm just so used to having my payment post and reflect on my available credit that I start freaking out a little bit!

Yes, that is probably what is happening.  If it has posted, you should see it reflected in your current balance.  If it's not reflected in your available credit, that does not mean it hasn't posted.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for clarifying that for me! You're WAY more helpful than HSBC customer service! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

laniepr787 wrote:
Thank you for clarifying that for me! You're WAY more helpful than HSBC customer service! Smiley Happy

And Cheddar's fee is low too!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you have seen his new price list Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.